British woman skips bail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
She better not make the mistake and ever return to this island. If the family members find out they will make lamp shades out of her skin.
She got away with murder and is now going to claim the "battered spouse scam" and rub it in the victims familys face.
Unfortunately, I am sure someone in the U.K will take that drunken loser in.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Bragging Brat?

The woman's behaviour after her release tells me something about her character.
She got away with murder...... too easily. :(

Whenever drunk, she'll probably brag about it. :disappoin

donP

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
This is why I love DR. Because everything is possible here for a very low price. Even to disappear from the jail costs less than 1 bedroom apartment in fancy tower in Piantini. In Panama, for example, things like this cost million dollars.

The woman's behaviour after her release tells me something about her character.
She got away with murder...... too easily. :(

Whenever drunk, she'll probably brag about it. :disappoin

donP

Yup that's why I thought too the words about celebrating with champagne after all
this ordeal did not sit right with me. Her husband is DEAD, who she killed!!!

She sounds like a typical Alcoholic to me! Nothing is ever their fault and always playing the victim!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Madre de brit?nica condenada a 12 a?os afirma su hija es inocente y apelar?n la sentencia

I kept thinking that the family had a house here.. and they do.. or they did. Or at least the step father does, or did. Which is where they met, the once perhaps happy couple? But I would suggest that the DA simply went by the house and got an eyeball estimate of the property and asked for that in bail .. and the step dad said no.

just a complete supposition, of course.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
oh .. sorry.. missed part of the story.. there were TWO houses which were both sold, and supposedly the check was stolen and cashed in America

The couple also had to pay for security to look after Nicole?s home and the home they had bought out there.

Jeanette said: ?She had three dogs and left the house that night expecting to go back there later.?

But despite paying around ?600 a month for security the couple flew out in December to find both homes had been stripped of everything.

Jeanette said: ?She can never go back there.

?She?s lost everything.

?Her husband, her dogs and her home.?

The couple have now sold the properties so they can use the money to help Nicole.

But they said they lost this money when the cash cheque, along with the rest of their hand luggage, was stolen from the airport and claim it was cashed in America.

?We were absolutely devastated and we were told there was nothing we could do,? Jeanette said.

'She's lost everything', says mother of woman held in Dominican Republic - Wales Online

There is a very very good and successful Bruja in Costambar!

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
So much of what her mother says doesn't seem to stack up. She evidently had to sell all the furniture to pay for the bail money, yet in the video on ITV News, they are sitting on what looks like a reasonably new white leather suite. Appalling taste, but you can bet it wasn't cheap. And if they did sell the house to someone here, and needed the money here, surely they would leave the money in a bank account here? Not transfer it to the UK and then get a cash cheque which you then conveniently lose just when the story is losing momentum and you need another angle for a new story in the press.

I do encourage people to have a look at the comments being made on the UK newspaper sites covering this story. For example here: Nicole Reyes, who was imprisoned in Dominican Republic, reunited with family | Mail Online . The balance of opinion seems to be that this is completely wrong, she should be returned to the Dominican Republic to stand trial. I wonder if the UK authorities will do anything about this?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Last night my husband was reading some online Dominican newspapers, and he read that many Dominicans around the POP area are furious about her release and demanding her return.

May 5, 2007
Last night my husband was reading some online Dominican newspapers, and he read that many Dominicans around the POP area are furious about her release and demanding her return.

Anyone know if she truly "Skipped bail" and is a wanted fugitive I believe the DR would have to officially state she is a wanted fugitive From the news articles it appears she is sitting around waiting on her appeal?

Anyone know the extradition status between Great Britain and Dominican Republic and recent historical data regarding same?

(It would be great to receive a knowledgeable reply instead of a Wiki link I could probably manage that myself but hoping someone might have knowledge of how it happens in real world)

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com

AE,

Are they furious that a foreigner does what they all do, given the chance?

Come on, if they want to be furious they must look at their own system, not to someone who used it like the locals always do.

This is selective indignation in my POV.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AE,

Are they furious that a foreigner does what they all do, given the chance?

Come on, if they want to be furious they must look at their own system, not to someone who used it like the locals always do.

This is selective indignation in my POV.

MD, off the top of my head, I'd say this is different to them because one of their own was murdered in the street by a foreigner, not by another Dominican.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Anyone know the extradition status between Great Britain and Dominican Republic and recent historical data regarding same?

it is a difficult one. DR deported a british citizen accused of pedophilia in 2011: Rep?blica Dominicana deporta ped?filo estaba pr?fugo de la justicia inglesa desde hac?a ocho a?os | www.ensegundos.net
and in 2012 a criminal wanted by interpol: Capturan y deportan unos 29 criminales escondidos en la RD - Almomento.net: Periodico Digital Dominicano

but deporting a british citizen from the UK for crimes committed in the DR is another cup of tea. many countries specifically prohibit such deportations.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
MD, off the top of my head, I'd say this is different to them because one of their own was murdered in the street by a foreigner, not by another Dominican.

But it is thank to their own, Dominicans, that this lady could skip bail and go back to the UK.. Some of their own made good money with that!

Dont hate the player.. hate the game!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It was not bail - she had already been convicted. It can only have been a financial settlement with the family and the authorities.

May 5, 2007
Obviously I only get to see the cases tried in the media, this one the great Punta Cana wedding mystery where the grievously injured party was cured with a few bucks Justice for sale at it’s worst

Status
Not open for further replies.