Brits travelling back to the UK CAN fly directly from POP

sunlover23

Sep 13, 2005
For a while now,many of us Brits,have thought the only way back to the UK was via the States or via Europe.We were told you can't buy a one way flight with Thomson into the UK.Well let me tell you how Thomson works.You have to book a return flight from LGW or MAN to Puerto Plata online, and only use the return sector back from POP.Your flight will NOT be cancelled if you don't travel out.It is only cancelled if you have booked a hotel as well.I have just done this and know it works.If you choose your month carefully,eg November or Feb,you can get a return flight for less than ?300.I just notified them that I was only using the return part of the ticket.Customer services said,no problem,and made a note on my booking.When you arrive in the UK,book a return flight back to POP,online, and just use the outbound sector.Again,choose your month and book as late as possible and you'll get a good deal.
If anyone wants to talk to the Thomson resort team in the North of the DR,they are in Puerto Plata,above Scotia Bank on Calle 27 de Febrero.If you are looking at the bank,to the far left is a door and set of stairs.They are on the 3rd level in Hotel Beds.A rep is normally there 9 - 11am,Mon to Thurs.They can't book for you,but can offer help and support.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It's deja vu all over a gain.

[video=youtube;wkazf7znllQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkazf7znllQ[/video]

sunlover23

Sep 13, 2005
IMPORTANT,PLEASE NOTE,
You need to use a British Bank card or British Credit Card to book with Thomson.Sorry folks,if you no longer have either of these,I'd suggest contacting Thomson to see if there is a way round this.