Bronxboy on vacation

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Enjoy your visit, Bronxboy. I'd join you for a beer but all of my clothes have Red Sox logos.

No worries. Not a hater. I didn't bring any NY logo items. 

No need. For some reason, everywhere I go here they tell me "What's up boricua from NY." This is even b 4 saying anything with the NY accent. Dominicans know. I think the goetee is the giveaway. Lol

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... For some reason, everywhere I go here they tell me "What's up boricua from NY." This is even b 4 saying anything with the NY accent. Dominicans know. I think the goetee is the giveaway. Lol

I sent a copy of your mugshot to the Sosua paparazzi.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
remember to Stay in the shade Bronxboy... that Sun was wicked Sneaky this last trip .. first time my face , nose and even Lips got burned... them mild temps fooled me but good. You sound like you in THE ZONE...watching those planes in the distance , while leaning back some cold ones & snacking on Pescado Frito on that lazy Sosua beach, good times .

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
@Bronxboy:
You mentioned hitting La Capital, and others chimed in "maybe Boca Chica". If you do get to Boca Chica, do yourself a favor and spend a few hours in Boca Marina. I was there this evening with a party of 5 for several hours. Great time, and you won't regret the experience.....BUT......eventhough the food is excellent and priced great, make sure you order mixed drinks or go with bottles of wine....the Presidente pequenas are priced like gold. Stay safe.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
@Bronxboy:
You mentioned hitting La Capital, and others chimed in "maybe Boca Chica". If you do get to Boca Chica, do yourself a favor and spend a few hours in Boca Marina. I was there this evening with a party of 5 for several hours. Great time, and you won't regret the experience.....BUT......eventhough the food is excellent and priced great, make sure you order mixed drinks or go with bottles of wine....the Presidente pequenas are priced like gold. Stay safe.

Thanks God Im not fan of the beer. Was DR1 Party?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Meeting a few DR1ers in Santiago on Sat b 4 I leave. Maybe we can plan some kind of get together?
I might forgo SD. Having a great time here in Sosua and badpiece33 has not even arrived.

I want to thank Drro for her company this am. We had a great breakfast and she showed me around a bit. Next time will stay at the Bellamar. What a view.

Also want to thank Jose aka Boriqua Joe for some nice conversation last night. He is another true bronxboy. 

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
She posts here once in a blue. Met her in 2009 at Rocky's Thanksgiving feast. This classy lady has a PhD and has a world of info. I can sit all day and listen to her.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Us Southcoasters are gonna hold a huelga. Tires and all. We thought we were gonna have an opportunity to meet and greet a real live DR1 mod. Oh well. Enjoy the Northern side of things.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Us Southcoasters are gonna hold a huelga. Tires and all. We thought we were gonna have an opportunity to meet and greet a real live DR1 mod. Oh well. Enjoy the Northern side of things.

Might still be a go. Let's see. :)

Still going back to Santiago on Sat so whose is on to meet around the monument between 3 and 4pm?

Garyexpat 
Cristo Rey
Berzin maybe
Waytogo maybe
Santiago DR maybe
badpiece33 maybe

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Might still be a go. Let's see. :)

Still going back to Santiago on Sat so whose is on to meet around the monument between 3 and 4pm?

Garyexpat 
Cristo Rey
Berzin maybe
Waytogo maybe
Santiago DR maybe
badpiece33 maybe

San Pedro to La Capital.
La Capital to Santiago.
With traffic in La Capital, if I leave now, I may make it by Saturday.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
20170201_203944-1.jpg

Having Rocky's famous ribs for the first time. Not really a pic person during vacation but felt like sharing. Mmmmm 

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
View attachment 2529

Having Rocky's famous ribs for the first time. Not really a pic person during vacation but felt like sharing. Mmmmm 

Glad you liked them. The order I had (to go) last week were tough and undercooked. They were the first "bad" ribs I've had there in over ten years. I was hopping it was just a fluke and not due to a new cook or heaven forbid, a change in the secret recipe.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Glad you liked them. The order I had (to go) last week were tough and undercooked. They were the first "bad" ribs I've had there in over ten years. I was hopping it was just a fluke and not due to a new cook or heaven forbid, a change in the secret recipe.

It melted right off the bone.