Brothers from Danilo and other Officials of his Government arrested last night

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Leonel must be happy now that Luis is destroying the old PLD. So there will be only 2 big parties: PRM & LFP.

Reactions: JD Jones

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have said privately for a long time.....
Rep Dom is NOT a poor country

In normal times, count the tourism dollars
Exports are good & growing
The gold mine pays BIG money

The former 'Mrs. Pres' had 600 people on her staff..... 600 !!!!
Now, less than 10 perhaps

Like Papa Doc & Baby Doc....... Rep Dom....

Reactions: Taylor and aarhus

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

2 is two much... reminds me of Imelda Marcos 1200 pairs of shoes ...

Reactions: NanSanPedro

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Nope, the DR is not poor, and 3rd world only because of lack of infrastructure and education, which both go right back to government stupidity as well. There are many countries, that are actually poor, have no resources etc. The DR is not one of those.

Yes, she had 600 people working, and then the other official had 10k USD credit monhtly allowance, no questions asked... Way to go... At the same time, there is no running water in many areas, the public schools/hospitals etc. are a disgrace etc...

I have said it many times to my wife: If people simply would not stand up for this cr*p, they would perhaps do something, but there are people that are just happy when a politico throws them a few pesos from the back of his camioneta on a caravana... That nothing more and nothing less than full disrespect and abuse of your own people... And there are many people who don't know any better, unfortunately...

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
So begs the question if Danilo family is getting arrested..chances are good he new what was going on will ex prez get detained? Inquiring minds wanna know!

• Love
Reactions: MikeFisher

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Dominicans are like bloodhounds. They can sniff out money anywhere. The justice officials should have no trouble following the money. The question is do they really want to? Or are they prepared for the consequences of doing so?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It will take a lot more than just a few arrests before we can call this a new trend or even a departure from the norm.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It will take a lot more than just a few arrests before we can call this a new trend or even a departure from the norm.
So far he has acted on corrupt people and government official’s and now prez brothers and family...so you calling this chance ..fluke .. coincidence...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
in a few years we will know what it is worth for.
as far as of Now, just 100 days on the seat,
I have to admit that I really like Luis and his way to go on things.
and that's ME, the absolute anti-political-party ole times rebel,
but so far he has my respect for the way he is moving the steering wheel to.
what the country then needs is constancy of all that, the GUARANTEE that things will keep moving into that direction.
to do so, it is necessary that such "anti corruption" governing will be with a independend control mechanism be included in our constitution/written in Stone in a way so that future governments could not do a easy turn on the wheel backwards towards new Ladroneles and Corrudinas.
and i see exactly that to be prepared to happen before this 4 years term is over, because it is exactly that he has to make real changes to last, 4 years.
I see the local DR Economy without the Tourism part as a really strong thing, good situated for such small country and quiet strong even against this Pandemic.
And Tourism will come back up step by step to complete the needed income for this government with it's big plans,
as procedures on the health care system, infrastructure, education and in the energy sector are super costy and kicked off during a never seen Pandemic.
I really see a chance that this small DR could manage such big turn on the wheel,
to really put it's wealth into the things which will on the mid and long term really be for it's people.
without doubt Education is the far most leaking part of that big package, where they have to do big to see in just a few years time already positive fruits,
because on today's education we are really still in the stone age.

Reactions: Taylor and JD Jones

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Which one, all of the previous ones? Do you think the PLD don't have all the info on the thieving Hipolito and his government did?
Oh I’m pretty sure there are many and all should be prosecuted ...🍿 you can definitely tell a new sheriff is in town...