Burnings in distance

~~anna~~

Oct 27, 2003
We 've live here a few years and have never seen anything like this. Coming back from the airport towards San Pedro this afternoon we could see in the distance 4 distince areas burning. Not the usual small burnings of rubbish/brush. These were in the distance to the north from The Boulevard and the east toward San Pedro. 4 distince large plumes of black smoke. That was 2 hours ago...we now have black ash falling from the sky in Juan Dolio.
It's coming in thru the windows and is coating the water in the pool.
We've talked to several people~ while they seem concerned, nobody can explain it.
Anyone know what's burning?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I am currently near Boca Chica.
The pool is full of black ash and there is burnt vegetation all over the place.

Apparently it is cane field burning as usual.
My apartment is on the roof and alarmingly a great big chunk of this stuff (still smoldering) landed underneath a patio chair - that is what makes me suspect sugar cane burning - it looks like burnt leaves from the cane fields.
Could have burnt the house down, but wachagonnado???

If I could copy and paste a photo into a regular post then I would show you the stuff - still half burnt and doused by my ever vigilant nanny.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If I could copy and paste a photo into a regular post then I would show you the stuff - still half burnt and doused by my ever vigilant nanny.

Upload the picture to tinypic.com, follow their instructions to resize it to 'message board size' then insert the tiny pic URL as a link in a new message.

The inset link icon is the fourth from the right on the row of icons on the top when you hit the 'Reply to Thread' button.