Bus from Las Americas airport to town centre?

MagicMan678

Nov 15, 2021
United Kingdom
Is it possible to get a bus from the main airport to the town centre of Santo Domingo? Or realistically, should I just get a taxi?
I'm hoping to then get a bus to Sosua the following day - what's the best option for doing this on a reasonable budget? thanks

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I don't think the busses go to the airport. I believe a taxi is your best bet. You can search this forum but I believe Uber is off limits. I've always just sucked it up and paid a taxi. It's been awhile so I don't know how much it costs now.

If you want to go to Sosua from the capital, my experience is Caribe Tours on 27 de Febrero. I think it's 500 pesos and very comfortable. You will have a short stop in La Vega where you can buy food or coffee but you have to make it fast. I just used them in March and can only say great things about them.

Reactions: SKY

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
Is it possible to get a bus from the main airport to the town centre of Santo Domingo? Or realistically, should I just get a taxi?
I'm hoping to then get a bus to Sosua the following day - what's the best option for doing this on a reasonable budget? thanks
I always use Uber. When I returned recently I was able to get one. You may have to request a few until they're moving to your location. I would make sure to have internet for the duration of your ride and pay with a card so that they do not cancel your trip and overcharge you. It should be between 700-1000 pesos depending on where you are going.

If you're set on taking the bus, you will have to leave the airport by foot and walk to the highway, flag down the bus on the side of the road and make your way to the capital. I do not recommend it.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
With all of the town in the DR, why did you pick Sosua? Not very many 'reasonable budget' options available there.

MagicMan678

Nov 15, 2021
United Kingdom
re: Sosua - not sure where to go exactly, Sosua just seemed well known, could go there and head out to somewhere else in that area after 1 night - how about Cabarete, is that worth staying in?

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
I always use Uber. When I returned recently I was able to get one. You may have to request a few until they're moving to your location. I would make sure to have internet for the duration of your ride and pay with a card so that they do not cancel your trip and overcharge you. It should be between 700-1000 pesos depending on where you are going.

If you're set on taking the bus, you will have to leave the airport by foot and walk to the highway, flag down the bus on the side of the road and make your way to the capital. I do not recommend it.
for RD$ 1,000 je will not find an uber anymore. my experience on arrival at april 6. RD$1,500 to RD$2,000. However, the 'traditional' taxi companies (at departure level) will charge you about 1500. If you prefer Uber, then there may be some options for negotiation.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
re: Sosua - not sure where to go exactly, Sosua just seemed well known, could go there and head out to somewhere else in that area after 1 night - how about Cabarete, is that worth staying in?
If you're planning on going to Sosua or Cabarete, you'd be better off flying into STI or POP. Boca Chica is similar to Sosua and it's only 10 minutes from SDQ.