Bus Punta Cana to Sosua?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Caribe Tours and Metro....

Possible bus change in Sto Dom....check the Caribe Tours website schedules... times & prices

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Caribe Tours and Metro....

Possible bus change in Sto Dom....check the Caribe Tours website schedules... times & prices
Caribe Tours and Metrobus don't go from Punta Cana as far as I know. I believe you have to go with Bavaro Express from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo and then Caribe Tours or Metrobus to Sosua. Presumably you will need to take a taxi from the Bavaro Express terminal to the next one.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Depending what time you arrive it might not be possible in 1 day. With the curfew in place, the last bus to Sosua from the capitol leaves earlier than before. Good luck!

Reactions: siamesepat

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Only if you land very early. If your flight lands in the afternoon you may not make the last Expreso Bávaro bus to Santo Domingo which is at 4:00 pm and probably earlier on weekends due to the curfew. In either case, you would have to spend the in Punta Cana or the capital.

Has anyone got an updated timetable for Expreso Bávaro? Neither the website nor the Facebook page contains that crucial information.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
In reality finding a car service for that price regardless of what the app quotes may be a challenge. One needs to know a transport company or a specific taxi driver to negotiate that price I suspect. PC to Sosua is a long trip and the toll road just adds to the overall cost if used to shorten the trip time. Any driver still has to make the trip twice as they need to get back to where they started from eventually unless someone is providing them food and accommodation at the half way point.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Old school mafia politics.
Neither Cariibe nor Metro
are allowed to run that route.

Reactions: Caonabo

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
There is a woman in one of the DR Feyboo groups that advertises car service Sosua-PUJ for $150. I thought that I saved her info but alas I did not,maybe if you search hard enough you can find her.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
There is a woman in one of the DR Feyboo groups that advertises car service Sosua-PUJ for $150. I thought that I saved her info but alas I did not,maybe if you search hard enough you can find her.
That's an incredibly cheap fare. Most people I know are paying $150 or more from Sosua to SDQ. Usually around $200.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
IF you find the post , repost it , have not come across anything

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Travel to Sosua from Punta Cana overland is tedious during normal time and more difficult with the state of emergency curfew hours. It is best done with an overnight stopover in Santo Domingo. A Bavaro Express departure from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo should be no later than 12 noon - 1 pm.. There is an inexpensive hotel, Hotel Mansion Don Nelson, within short walking distance to/from Caribe Tours. Caribe is as the corner of Av 27 and Leopoldo de Navarro. You will need to take a taxi from Bavaro Express to get there and hotel. Cannot vouch for quality of the hotel. It's location is just very convenient. Upon arrival there if you have time and the office is open inquire about tickets and travel hours. A morning departure for Sosua is recommended.

Note: if you flight arrives in the afternoon at PUJ it would suggest a night stopover in Punta Cana.

Good Luck !

Regards,

PJT

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
In reality finding a car service for that price regardless of what the app quotes may be a challenge. One needs to know a transport company or a specific taxi driver to negotiate that price I suspect. PC to Sosua is a long trip and the toll road just adds to the overall cost if used to shorten the trip time. Any driver still has to make the trip twice as they need to get back to where they started from eventually unless someone is providing them food and accommodation at the half way point.

Many drivers have been spending the night in a cabaña, while returning the next morning.
Costs for such will be included in the quoted price to the customer.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Many drivers have been spending the night in a cabaña, while returning the next morning.
Costs for such will be included in the quoted price to the customer.
Yes, but find a nice one without bugs

Or just deal with them