Bus service to Haiti continues despite kidnappings

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Haiti-ruta-secuestro-Al-Momento-1024x633.png

Inter-island commuter buses have rerouted their travel to Haiti, following a series of kidnappings of foreign citizens in Haiti. N Digital reports that Caribe Tours makes five trips a day to Haiti with its final destination being the cities of Cap Haitien, Tabar through Elías Piña and Petionville, close to Port-au-Prince.

The representatives of bus companies said they will completely avoid crossing through the Jimaní region, where the last kidnappings have taken place. They hope to meet with the National Investigations Bureau to discuss the delicate situation. The company says it has scouts who know the area and tell them what areas to avoid.

The 400 Mawoso gang is accused of kidnapping Dominican Embassy agriculture attache, Carlos Guillen Tatis. He was released. Days after, a Dominican driver and eight Turkish and eight Haitians that had charged a Metro Servicios...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NALs

Polls Forum Moderator
Jan 20, 2003
It's a contradiction that the government would tell Dominicans not to travel to Haiti and private bus company to continue making it easy to travel to Haiti.

There is one Haitian coach bus company named Capital-something. I don't know if they still make their Port-au-Prince : Santo Domingo : Port-au-Prince route.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
{
It's a contradiction that the government would tell Dominicans not to travel to Haiti and private bus company to continue making it easy to travel to Haiti.

There is one Haitian coach bus company named Capital-something. I don't know if they still make their Port-au-Prince : Santo Domingo : Port-au-Prince route.
American owned airlines fly to the DR (and other countries) and the US warns passengers of the risks.
I have no issues with people making their own decisions and governments not running companies. (Take Ede's and the water companies, please).