Bus & times to Punta Cana

snowbrat85

Sep 6, 2014
aside from Expresso Bavaro, are there any other buses to Punta Cana from the Capital Santo Domingo? Need to find something leaving after 4pm.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Nothing. Caribe Tour does not go there, only Expresso Bavaro. Any gua gua or other form of transport would not be recommended.

Of course you can take a private Taxi.

Reactions: snowbrat85

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
no buses after 4PM so like SKY said you may want to look into a taxi. If you need a taxi recommendation I am sure someone here will give you a few options where you can negotiate a price in advance.

Reactions: snowbrat85

snowbrat85

Sep 6, 2014
no buses after 4PM so like SKY said you may want to look into a taxi. If you need a taxi recommendation I am sure someone here will give you a few options where you can negotiate a price in advance.
Any reasonably priced uber/ taxi drivers would be appreciated. Its better in the long run cuz we'd still need a uber/taxi from the bus to the hotel

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Is Expresso Bavaro the same as APTRA? That's what we use to go to PC from Parque Enriquillo and Expresso Bavaro to return. I just don't know if they're one and the same.

I did not bring that up because both companies don't run buses past 4PM which is what the poster needs.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Any reasonably priced uber/ taxi drivers would be appreciated. Its better in the long run cuz we'd still need a uber/taxi from the bus to the hotel

give it a little time and someone here will recommend a taxi where you can feel comfortable/safe and negotiate a price in advance.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The only way to book Uber is on the app, and I don't think the app in Dom Rep allows you to book from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana. There are quite a few private transfer companies online which provide shared taxis and private transfers from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana and this would be your cheapest option. I think you can get it down to around US$ 100 one-way if you book this way but they tend to charge "per person" so this may not work if you are more than 1 person travelling.

The price of a normal transfer in a private car would be around US$ 150 one-way. It's a 2.5 hour journey, there are tolls, and you need to remember that the driver who takes you then has to come straight back, so for him it's a 5 hour drive using 5 hours of gas. If you're booking round-trip you will be able to get a round-trip fare of maybe US$ 250.

Personally I would recommend a driver I always use called Jesus, he only does tourist transport for hotels and airports and speaks English. I have used him for many years and never once had a problem. He has MPV's with leather seats which are super comfortable. You can whatsapp him on +1 809 432 0999

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
How does one call Uber? Please explain?
If you have used uber before, get the drivers phone #, or when arriving in the country call for a uber and when he arrives ask him to cancel you request with uber, and pay him a lower amount for the trip... which he keeps all $$...........

Reactions: SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You need to download the app on your phone to get Uber. You cannot phone for a Uber, it must be done with the phone app. What Doc says is the way to go.

Reactions: USA DOC

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
also you can download the app for inDriver...when he arrives you name the price........