Buy a Dog Poison Kit- Be Prepared

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
We have had dogs since we got here since 2006 and they bark a lot, are very small and sleep in the yard and eat anything they find on the ground, including crap and of course they have never been poisoned.

Now we know how you made it on 500 a month...lol

B in Santiago

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
A guy went around our neighbourhood several months ago and left poison on many street corners, in food. Most of the dogs around our campo estate run free during the day unless the owners are out. I found 3 dogs suffering in the space of a day and a couple of others were reported to my house for help. You can't afford or turn up at a vets with a load of dogs dying, it is simply not possible unless or realistic and so I was shown a mix by an old farmer (Ash (lots), mixed with a little rum, lemon, and sugar) , you can roll this into a paste kind of form and then force it down the dogs throat if they won't eat it while forcing it down wth water. Yes I too a few bad bites that day, but within 12-16 hours all the dogs were wanderng around and scrapping about for food outside the colmados, I think one died. Worked a treat.
I did find out who had done it, went to his house and he will not poison on that estate again, well, possibly now I'm not there anymore but he was 'made' to understand if he wants rid of the street dogs, then he must shoot them close up, not poison them like an evil git that he is! And be sure tht because a do os on the street does not make it a street dog, depending where you live it is normal for peoples dogs to be let out and go get on with life and come home after playing. Ours have always done this in Campo.

Well, this has to be the most inhumane way of getting rid of these poor animals. As far as Im concerned, the lowlife that do this should be poisoned themselves.............evil people

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
A guy went around our neighbourhood several months ago and left poison on many street corners, in food. Most of the dogs around our campo estate run free during the day unless the owners are out. I found 3 dogs suffering in the space of a day and a couple of others were reported to my house for help. You can't afford or turn up at a vets with a load of dogs dying, it is simply not possible unless or realistic and so I was shown a mix by an old farmer (Ash (lots), mixed with a little rum, lemon, and sugar) , you can roll this into a paste kind of form and then force it down the dogs throat if they won't eat it while forcing it down wth water. Yes I too a few bad bites that day, but within 12-16 hours all the dogs were wanderng around and scrapping about for food outside the colmados, I think one died. Worked a treat.
I did find out who had done it, went to his house and he will not poison on that estate again, well, possibly now I'm not there anymore but he was 'made' to understand if he wants rid of the street dogs, then he must shoot them close up, not poison them like an evil git that he is! And be sure tht because a do os on the street does not make it a street dog, depending where you live it is normal for peoples dogs to be let out and go get on with life and come home after playing. Ours have always done this in Campo.

Thanks for sharing the information to give "(Ash (lots), mixed with a little rum, lemon, and sugar) ".
We have always poison kits in the house. today I asked our vet because of your receipt, he agree and spoke as well from
charcoal (carb?n vegetal). So in future I will have on hand both, the kit and the other things.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
I saw a dog today that had a fight with a pig sow today - pretty beaten up. Keep a sow or geese - much better and more intelligent than stupid dogs that are generallly a menace - no wonder they get poisened!
Geese have been protecting Whiskey for years!

History1.jpg

pi2

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have a Geese looking after me, and if I am a real good boy, sometimes I get Goosed.......

B in Santiago

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Why am I laughing so hard about something that makes absolutely no sense.......lolol

B in Santiago

Dogs are funny when the fur gets dressed up........... click on link...... dogs dinner!

pi2

<object width="370" height="277">
<embed" target="_blank">http://rt.com/s/swf/player5.4.swf?f...layer_skin.zip&provider=http&abouttext=Russia Today&aboutlink=http://rt.com&autostart=false"><embed< a=""> src="<a href="http://rt.com/s/swf/player5.4.swf?file=http://rt.com/files/news/prime-time/it-s-a-dog-s-life-without-dog-fashion/dogggies.flv&image=http://rt.com/files/news/prime-time/it-s-a-dog-s-life-without-dog-fashion/dog-fashion.n.jpg&skin=http://rt.com/s/css/player_skin.zip&provider=http&abouttext=Russia Today&aboutlink=http://rt.com&autostart=false" target="_blank">http://rt.com/s/swf/player5.4.swf?f...layer_skin.zip&provider=http&abouttext=Russia Today&aboutlink=http://rt.com&autostart=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="370" height="277" /></embed<></embed"></object>

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listen, dude, you can go all out about saving earth but STAY AWAY FROM DOG SUBJECT, ok? keep your hating in your condo along with your planet-friendly ideas.
you only get one warning. next time you say something bad about dogs (or any other animals save for cucarachas), I AM COMING FOR YOUR A**.
do we have understaning here?

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Dogs are better at dancing than geese or pigs!
How,s that for positive on dogs!

[video=youtube;arH_SrLTMDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arH_SrLTMDM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

pi2

latitude19

May 29, 2011
You are basically free to write whatever you want wherever you would like --really sorta strange that you write this in a post for dog enthusiasts whom you KNOW you will upset. There are other ways to gain attention and an audience. Try using RESPECT, for one.

I saw a dog today that had a fight with a pig sow today - pretty beaten up. Keep a sow or geese - much better and more intelligent than stupid dogs that are generallly a menace - no wonder they get poisened!
Geese have been protecting Whiskey for years!

History1.jpg

pi2

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I love dogs, all animals in fact. Dogs in the DR are problematic though, mainly due to irresponsible humans. On our street in Jarabacoa there are lots of dogs and during the day it is reasonable quiet. At night the street dogs have a big meeting, and it seems many owners let their dogs out for the meeting. Dominican dogs are even noisier than Dominicans. The only time they are quiet at night is when it rains. Perhaps if owners were fined for letting their dogs run free at night there would be less poisioning happening. I realize that the crimminal element is involved in some cases, but like in Givadogahome's case it was a ****ed off neighbour.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
You are basically free to write whatever you want wherever you would like --really sorta strange that you write this in a post for dog enthusiasts whom you KNOW you will upset. There are other ways to gain attention and an audience. Try using RESPECT, for one.

I got 1 like and 3 dislikes - not so bad. And the story of the dog/pig fight is true. RESPECT dog owners who carry a poop scoop and keep their dogs on a lead under control, control the food they eat. You and others are free to ignore my views on solar panels etc. since they do not invade your space. But dog owners who let dogs roam and run up to me in a restaurant or chase me on a motorcycle biting my leg are causing their ,pets, to be a nuisence and worst are invading my SPACE and do not deserve respect. These dogs scavange overturning waste bins ; even dogs from seemingly well to do families.
One can understand in a way a man or woman whose child has been mauled by a roving menace poisoning dogs to reduce the possibility of this happening to others.
Oh! I forgot to respect the macho man who must, just must, own a pit bull.
Sorry

pi2

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Oh, yeah, looking at it that way- yes, people do not control their dogs well here. Well- they do not really control them at all. I see your point. As far as solar panels go, I did not know you advocate them. I'm sorta new here. I like solar panels also, and one day when I possibly have a haus here will surely use them.

I got 1 like and 3 dislikes - not so bad. And the story of the dog/pig fight is true. RESPECT dog owners who carry a poop scoop and keep their dogs on a lead under control, control the food they eat. You and others are free to ignore my views on solar panels etc. since they do not invade your space. But dog owners who let dogs roam and run up to me in a restaurant or chase me on a motorcycle biting my leg are causing their ,pets, to be a nuisence and worst are invading my SPACE and do not deserve respect. These dogs scavange overturning waste bins ; even dogs from seemingly well to do families.
One can understand in a way a man or woman whose child has been mauled by a roving menace poisoning dogs to reduce the possibility of this happening to others.
Sorry

pi2

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
Sorry

pi2

This argument with the pit bull now is fishing for aggressions.
In one I agree - generally the dog's owners should pay more attention for their animals. Walking in the streets or on the beach p.e. on leash (except the "wild" beach parts, so that the animals may run), having plastic-bags available to bring the kaka in - while walking on the beach. And let the doggies inside the properties.
B U T > N E V E R , N E V E R poisoning is the way. Years before a crazy guy placed poison in our neighbourhood - in 2 weeks three dogs died in such a horrible way . You can be sure, if I would have been really sure 100%, who it was - I would have fixed him on a chair, feed him with poison > he should not die, but being highly afraid for the some days.
***Another point - like you can read in this thread , some years before when a group of people with high interest because of their business let place poison all over the beach - what do you think would have happen, when little childs ate this?
the little ones often are nosy - parents can not control every second.

Final - since years this people
Asociacin De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosa, Inc.

are doing a great work, with neutering. With the intention to reduce the population.

sincerly Sabra

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
This argument with the pit bull now is fishing for aggressions.
In one I agree - generally the dog's owners should pay more attention for their animals. Walking in the streets or on the beach p.e. on leash (except the "wild" beach parts, so that the animals may run), having plastic-bags available to bring the kaka in - while walking on the beach. And let the doggies inside the properties.
B U T > N E V E R , N E V E R poisoning is the way. Years before a crazy guy placed poison in our neighbourhood - in 2 weeks three dogs died in such a horrible way . You can be sure, if I would have been really sure 100%, who it was - I would have fixed him on a chair, feed him with poison > he should not die, but being highly afraid for the some days.
***Another point - like you can read in this thread , some years before when a group of people with high interest because of their business let place poison all over the beach - what do you think would have happen, when little childs ate this?
the little ones often are nosy - parents can not control every second.

Final - since years this people
Asociacin De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosa, Inc.

are doing a great work, with neutering. With the intention to reduce the population.

sincerly Sabra

Read my most again - I never advocate poisoning.

Capture, Dog pounds and humane putting down if necessary I advocate. But the resources must be found.

If there was a dog tax and a requirement that each dog wear a collar with a tax certificate replica this would reduce the problem. Then from the tax the capture and humane putting down of animals could be financed.

pi2

sabra

Jun 16, 2007

Capture, Dog pounds and humane putting down if necessary I advocate. But the resources must be found.

If there was a dog tax and a requirement that each dog wear a collar with a tax certificate replica this would reduce the problem. Then from the tax the capture and humane putting down of animals could be financed.

pi2

o.k., pi2.
Because of dog pounds - this I personally do not really like, but if it would be the only solution in some cases,
a low yes.
Normally most of the people have a property, so they should take care that the doggies do not run outside.
In our part of the street we have with one man this problem - he ignores that. And this could create one day that other's place
poison (like described in my other comment). It is not easy to manage all. While walking along the street with our
doggies for this we always have them on leash and are walking in the middle of the street.

Your idea because of tax is good - the question is, who really will pay. But worth, to try.

Sabra

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009

pi2

I agree with Pi2 that dog-owners should be in control of their pets, and be responsable for them. Please do not start with this crap about taxing dogs, as it is one of the reasons a lot of people like to live here. To get away from all the little, silly rules.

If the dogs of someone are a nuisance in the neighborhood, that owner should be fined. Why should everybody with a dog have to pay for the behavior of some idiots.

I understand what you are talking about, as we have a crazy neighbor with 10 streetdogs, who roam in our street, and will attack you when you pass by with the moto. Talking to her does not help. So she should be fined. If it continues, the fine should be doubled, etc...

We have 8 dogs, and we take them to the beach. But first of all, we do not take all of them at the same time. We only take 2 or 3. Secondly, they are under control, and will not bother anyone. Thirdly, we clean up after them. And fourthly, we do not go to the beach with them on Sunday or on holidays, as we know there will be a lot of people. Fifthly, at the house they are confined to the garden. So why should I pay a tax for the misbehavior of someone else?

BelgianK