Buying a car in Dominican Republic

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
actually, BB, i sometimes just run an ad in the classifieds. i have to update it, because it just expired recently. i basically just help people find a good car which is within their budget...

i make sure that when you drive the car away, it is as good as you can get for the money. i just cannot guarantee that it will never have a problem in the foreseeable future, but my examinations will help you get a great car.

More than that.... he scouts for the car.... what a saver that is !!!

Gorgon (M) will develop of short list for the buyer...
make/model, price, color - all supplied by the buyer

Bird- think Concierge....

Ultimate decision is the buyer's but the initial screening and a form of mechanical inspection is a huge benefit.

Correct me Concierge man if I misrepresented

and fill in some blanks for the audience in attendance

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
More than that.... he scouts for the car.... what a saver that is !!!

Gorgon (M) will develop of short list for the buyer...
make/model, price, color - all supplied by the buyer

Bird- think Concierge....

Ultimate decision is the buyer's but the initial screening and a form of mechanical inspection is a huge benefit.

Correct me Concierge man if I misrepresented

and fill in some blanks for the audience in attendance

you do a much better job of promoting my services than i ever could. thanks a heap.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think you should renew your advert before we get in trouble...

promoting a non-advertiser....

Your record can stand it -- but I'm always on thin, melting ice !!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you want to buy a new car, one should be able to go online, choose make, model, colour and options and be presented with a final price. I don't care if the sites are run by the makers or by the dealerships. I don't care how the car I want gets to the place where I have to go and pick it up. I want to pay the same as John Smith did for the same vehicle last week and the same as Susan Jones will pay next week.

I want to know how much my dream vehicle will cost me without having to question the integrity and motivations of the guy trying to sell it to me. One would think that if I am expected to spend 50K - 80K on a brand new car, the makers should be bending over backwards to make it easy, convenient and extremely hassle free. One should never hear,, "it's not available in that colour or that configuration". It can be and it should be, even if I have to agree to wait for one to be made to order just for me.

jtom343

Nov 8, 2017
Hey guys.  Don’t know how to DM but I’m looking for the Gorgon.  Apparently he’s the guy to deal with for cars.  

Last edited by a moderator:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I bought a car yesterday with a lot of help from the Gorgon. I gave him an idea of what I was looking and he spent several days travelling and researching what was available. I would not have the time or patience to do that. After a short while he came up with a car that seemed just right. He came with me to check the car for myself, then went back with me the next day to complete the transaction. So far, the car seems to be excellent! Let him do the groundwork, then do the negotiating yourself if your Spanish is good enough, but he can help with that too.

For me his service was well worth his fee. Thanks, Gorgon!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I bought a car yesterday with a lot of help from the Gorgon. I gave him an idea of what I was looking and he spent several days travelling and researching what was available. I would not have the time or patience to do that. After a short while he came up with a car that seemed just right. He came with me to check the car for myself, then went back with me the next day to complete the transaction. So far, the car seems to be excellent! Let him do the groundwork, then do the negotiating yourself if your Spanish is good enough, but he can help with that too.

For me his service was well worth his fee. Thanks, Gorgon!

thank you. enjoy it, in good health..

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
Great experience in buying a car with the big help of Gordon.

Initially ,wanted a use car and Gordon selected a couple of them based on my budget.

Saw an add about the Susuki Vitara at Cabarete. So, I visited the Apolo Motors garage at Puerto Plata.

Really like the car right away:Compact SUV, spacious inside ,quite responsive ,not outrageously expensive for a new car in DR with a 3 years guarantee or 100.000 miles.
I gave it a try and.... bought it.Took a bit less than one hour to sign all the papers, get insurance, pay with a cheque from a US bank and .... drive back with the Susuki.

Was quite impressed by the professionalism of the manager and his team from Apolo Motors.
Gave extensive explanation about the car, the process to buy, options, type of insurance ,very patient with all our questions, ....

So, great experience in overall !

Thank you again to Gordon for helping in the process.

PS:Still very happy after driving the car for the past 3 days. :)

I am in Santiago and need to buy a car any dealerships they are associated with here?

ledivin514

Feb 12, 2019
enjoy it in good health..

Hey Gordon , i see that you pretty informed when it comes to cars , i would like some help from you if possible. Considering purchasing a car soon in Dr. I am new in this forum how does it work to get in contact with you?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Go to the classified section here in DR1....
he has an advertisement

actually, ww, i recently got a message from the site admin that my classified was about to expire. that meant that it was about to expire after only a month. i sent a message to Robert, telling him that my receipt from DR1 reflects payment for 3 months. to date, i have received no response, and my ad has, in fact, expired. i am certain that it is simply a case where he hhas not seen the message. so, ledivin514, try calling me at my number in the ad, which is 829 546 3624, or email me at cafenegril1@yahoo.com