Buying Solar Panels in Santo Domingo

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
How do you incorperate the 4000watts into your home with traditional electricity. A switch to toggle between the two?

Initially Solar was the only reliable energy in our Sub-division... that is another story altogether.

Then Edenorte gave us energy 24/7..... So we use the solar energy for night consumption and Edenorte for day.
We have 16 panels with 16 batteries. Just a switch over... ie day or night.

Now we use much more electricity in the day time (because it is available).

Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I did not realize that we could Grid tie to sell back energy to edenorte.
Any body have experience with this option?

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
There are pros and cons to both mono better in warm climates more eff. For less panel size failure rate is low..

https://www.solarreviews.com/solar-...ocrystalline-vs-polycrystalline-solar-panels/

Thank you so much for the link... very educational and informative.
There are other breakthroughs in Solar energy such as Nano-Photo voltaic paint now being tested in the UK.
I just have been far too busy to look up the pros and cons... but today I did. Thank you this old man is always willing to be challenged with proven technology.
I learned something today, and that is good.
Russell

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I did not realize that we could Grid tie to sell back energy to edenorte.
Any body have experience with this option?

It has to go thru a bio-directional meter. That's the only way to measure what you're feeding back into the grid. I don't think all meters do that. Maybe the newer Ednorte meters? It flows one way when the power company is providing elec to the house, it turns the opposite direction when the homeowner is feeding power to the street lines.

The other biggie is safety. There is some type of safety equipment that prevents a power company lineman from getting hit with power coming from the house.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
It has to go thru a bio-directional meter. That's the only way to measure what you're feeding back into the grid. I don't think all meters do that. Maybe the newer Ednorte meters? It flows one way when the power company is providing elec to the house, it turns the opposite direction when the homeowner is feeding power to the street lines.

The other biggie is safety. There is some type of safety equipment that prevents a power company lineman from getting hit with power coming from the house.

You have to buy a seperate edenorte comptador.
I was in contact with a doctor/director from a clinic in POP who went through the process. At the time, you could only deduct the electricity you put back in the grid from your bill. ie, you cant get paid to produce electricity.

It may have changed though.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

They install new bio-directional meter they inspect everything after it’s done takes two weeks for inspection..

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Initially Solar was the only reliable energy in our Sub-division... that is another story altogether.

Then Edenorte gave us energy 24/7..... So we use the solar energy for night consumption and Edenorte for day.
We have 16 panels with 16 batteries. Just a switch over... ie day or night.

Now we use much more electricity in the day time (because it is available).

Russell

You can add two 400 watt wind turbines they pretty small now ...here in Canada they are $400 Canadian roughly $300 us each
Gives you 800 Watts day or night..usually nice breeze especially night gives you boost..

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Most friends who did it already cut there bills by a two thirds most were around  10000-15000 a month users down to  3000-5000... and no ednorte doesn’t pay you they credit you back at lower rate exact amount can’t remember 1/2 rings bell..
Key is not to feed back more then you use ednorte hate that... one friend pays a standard 400 or 500 peso month fee to keep
Ednorte happy because he s not even really using any power anymore..