Cabanas in the south

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Hey All, i did a quick search in the threads but didnt really find any useful information here. I am travelling to DR later this year but my flight gets in at 4am...yeah yeah the red eye JetBlue i know....ok the deal is i need to sleep for a few hours so does ANYONE here know of cabanas in the Boca Chica or Juan Dolio area? I DO NOT want to drive all the way to Santo Domingo to San Isidro because I will be travelling to Juan Dolio and east so i just need a few hours of sleep peacefully. Then I can wake up and hit the beaches!
Anyone have any suggestions or know cabanas in the Boca Chica/Juan Dolio area? Any off the highway Las Americas? I dont recall seeing any on my previous trips....GRACIAS mi gente! :cheeky:

Reactions: Tamborista

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I heard La Casona de Piedra in Boca Chica has nice accomodations for those on a budget.

(on Jose De Jesus Lutrino between Av. Del Sur and A. Valenzuela)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
I KNEW of all people you would answer me back the quickest! LOL thanks bud!
Is La Casona de Piedra a cabana or a hotel? by the sounds of the cross streets you just gave me i take it this is not off the highway Las Americas? Easy to find?
help a brotha out! LOL :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.....Anyone have any suggestions or know cabanas in the Boca Chica/Juan Dolio area? Any off the highway Las Americas? I dont recall seeing any on my previous trips....GRACIAS mi gente! :cheeky:
If all you are looking for is a place to sleep for a few hours with an armed guard on site you can try Hotel Cabanas La Fuente.

As you exit the airport head towards Boca Chica. Once on Las Americas within one minute on the left side of the road you will see the new supermercado Ole.

2romd5h.jpg

Less than a thirty second drive on the right side of the road will be this parada.

35jz3bt.jpg

Directly across the highway from the parada you should see this sign. The cabanas are about 100 meters up that street

2h3pq1z.jpg

If you see this sign you have driven too far and need to make a U-turn.

11qtj5u.jpg

Total driving time from the airport is well under five minutes.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow! what a great post! thanks bigbird! included pictures and all!
i always wondered where in that area of Boca Chica there are cabanas....i'll check it out as my flight gets in at 4am and i need some rest to prepare for my adventures!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Pregunta

If all you are looking for is a place to sleep for a few hours with an armed guard on site you can try Hotel Cabanas La Fuente.

As you exit the airport head towards Boca Chica. Once on Las Americas within one minute on the left side of the road you will see the new supermercado Ole.

2romd5h.jpg

Less than a thirty second drive on the right side of the road will be this parada.

35jz3bt.jpg

Directly across the highway from the parada you should see this sign. The cabanas are about 100 meters up that street

2h3pq1z.jpg

If you see this sign you have driven too far and need to make a U-turn.

11qtj5u.jpg

Total driving time from the airport is well under five minutes.

For bigbird and anyone else in this forum
Has anyone stayed at these cabanas mentioned above? i wonder how clean they are....like San Isidro? :confused:

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
.....in Boca Chica.....

....I just checked the places myself last weekend.

Option 1. Right in the corner of the BC Parque on the west side of the church, there is a big complex Italian managed. The lady is really nice and they have single rooms, perfect for what you need for 900 pesos. (VERY SMALL)

Option 2. Hotel Don Michele on the beach, right across from the main SM, ,,,also Italian managed and have a (I think) a 4 bedroom place, the smallest room is 1000 very clean with AC.

You will be OK with the early arrival, been there in March,,,, airport is a breeze and the rental guys are quick....only downside.....,,the DF is closed at that time,,,,so no shopping:ermm:

Maybe next time I go down to the beach I can get u some pics and email for them.

CB

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Interesting suggestions chiquittabanana, please do post pics and or contact info for future references! As much as I hate travelling so early in the AM [or late at night however you look at it] I need to find some place to crash for a few hours before everything opens up for business.....i figured a cabana would do the trick but they are hard to come by out to the BC or Juan Dolio area.
Any info anyone has would be grateful! thanks to bigbird and badpiece for their previous suggestions!
Keep em coming! :)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
you are Dr. badpiece, your knowledge in this country is quite amazing so keep up the good work. we should start up a cabana website with contacts and photos similar to the one in another thread, or at least help add to it! LOL :)
i'll try to do the same on my trips, any cabanas i see try to at least shoot a photo and get directions...

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
JDJones, you crack me up! that was the website i was referring to!
motel.com.do
very good work there!
if you need more photos or information SIGN ME UP! i see you have no pics of anything in San Cristobal, i am always in that area and know those cabanas! i could at least shoot a photo of them as i drive by! LOL :)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
i'll bow down when you post pics and virtual tours in all these cabanas! :)
but seriously, great job on this website! this is a great reference to have! tell Rob to hook it up with dr1 and get coupons! LOL :)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
i saw the link originally in a thread in DR1, not sure who posted it but i have seen this site already before. if Rob wants to set up coupons in the guide i think it would be awesome! LOL :)