Cabarete by-pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
I have heard lately that there is a plan(or idea, I'm not sure which) to build a by-pass road around Cabarete and leaving the existing road through town for foot traffic only. Personally I quite like the idea, but I was wondering about the lagoon and the environmental impact of road construction in this area.

Does anyone know if this is just talk or is there actually a plan?

Tom.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
This has been rumoured for years and nothing concrete (forgive the pun) tends to arise from it. I know that The Fountains, a planned development in central Cabarete, are trying to put pressure on the authorities to widen and improve the main street of Cabarete. Their representative is giving presentations from their offices in Plaza Popular for anyone who is interested in what they propose.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
El Choco as alternative...

I have said it before, and will say it again, as I do not understand why they don't develop the El Choco track which runs from Sosua to Pata de Gallina into a proper road. The track is already there and would take so much traffic away from the centre of Cabarete and therefore return it to the attractive small town that it was in the past. Guess that would be too simple!!!

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
I have said it before, and will say it again, as I do not understand why they don't develop the El Choco track which runs from Sosua to Pata de Gallina into a proper road. The track is already there and would take so much traffic away from the centre of Cabarete and therefore return it to the attractive small town that it was in the past. Guess that would be too simple!!!

Sounds like a good plan to me :bunny:

May 29, 2006
I thought they were going to build a causeway across Cabarete Bay. Of course there might be some complaints from the kite-boarders...

Status
Not open for further replies.