Cabarete Bypass Starting?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The above illustrations seem to show a path directly though what is La Cienaga and not my guess that the road would be along the old El Choco goat path.

This is a far more "interesting" path to take.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
No need for a lot of those flatbeds, semi's, and busses to go through town. That bypass will reduce the number of cars going through Cabarete, too. Delivery trucks double parking in town will always be a problem. Now, if they could just get a few more municipal police officers in town and prevent all the other idiots that double park, that would make a big difference.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Aren't your maps 'Official'?

I thought that's why you posted them
There has been "official" discussion of this project since before I arrived in Cabarete in 2003.

This is the first action actually taken. Facebook has reports that Abinader has mentioned this project, it is official, etc,, but I cannot find
that discussion as of yet.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

There is a short video about the bypass on Facebook in the link above a few items down. The current clearing of land along the main highway is described as being the staging area for the equipment that will work on the Cabarete bypass. He mentions this was discussed in a recent public statement by President Luis Abinader.

All of this is just another confirmation of what I have heard from various other sources. I am still trying to find out the exact path of the bypass. Does it go through what is now La Cienaga which would cause a great deal of further disruption there, is it going to be a series of bridges as in a causeway, does it go south of the wetlands, etc...

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

There is a short video about the bypass on Facebook in the link above a few items down. The current clearing of land along the main highway is described as being the staging area for the equipment that will work on the Cabarete bypass. He mentions this was discussed in a recent public statement by President Luis Abinader.

All of this is just another confirmation of what I have heard from various other sources. I am still trying to find out the exact path of the bypass. Does it go through what is now La Cienaga which would cause a great deal of further disruption there, is it going to be a series of bridges as in a causeway, does it go south of the wetlands, etc...
On the map you posted the one route looks like it goes through the Callejon. I don't see that happening.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Awsome news! That project once completed, will be a huge relief for Cab. and the strip

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
On the map you posted the one route looks like it goes through the Callejon. I don't see that happening.
And directly through the center of La Cienaga which would displace thousands (not to mention the cases of tear gas that would be needed). . I have asked for clarification

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
And directly through the center of La Cienaga which would displace thousands (not to mention the cases of tear gas that would be needed). . I have asked for clarification
Yes, right through both of them. The southern route seems more likely to me(?).

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Awsome news! That project once completed, will be a huge relief for Cab. and the strip
Now all that Cabarete needs for success is some large, maneuverable and reasonably priced parking lots.
And run off the knuckleheads who offer to "watch" your car along with 80 others parked at the curb.
Anyone ever observed these hustlers actually watching for anything other than the returning owners so they can bum rush them hand extended for the voluntary 'propina?

Oh yeah some lifeguard stations so we don't have to read about more drownings when we finally forget about the chicom virus and can actually enjoy the beaches for full weekends.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not a peep on Freddy's Facebook page about the new Cabarete bypass. Didn't anyone tell him it was being started?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Now all that Cabarete needs for success is some large, maneuverable and reasonably priced parking lots.
And run off the knuckleheads who offer to "watch" your car along with 80 others parked at the curb.
Anyone ever observed these hustlers actually watching for anything other than the returning owners so they can bum rush them hand extended for the voluntary 'propina?

Oh yeah some lifeguard stations so we don't have to read about more drownings when we finally forget about the chicom virus and can actually enjoy the beaches for full weekends.
There are car parks at each end of the main street. The one at the east end is large and easy to negotiate. 100 pesos. I agree about the car watchers.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am trying to see why nothing is being said by the Mayor of Cabarete. Then I realized he is PLD.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The mayor of Cabarete's office told me they would be making an announcement next week about the details of the Cabarete bypass.
Exactly where, it will go, when it should be completed, etc. So stay tuned for that information.

Reactions: cavok and Big