Cabarete Diaries, part 2

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I've known Ron and Frank for many yrs. They both lost a shyte load of money with Alberto, in fact they were the ones who got Alberto started. Sorry to hear that he passed away, Haven't seen Frank since Alberto went down.

Thanks for the info. It's a little weird to find out only recently that Frank, Ronnie, and another guy named Todd, are all from Dayton, Ohio, lived in the DR, knew my brother--knew lots of other people who knew my brother (except for Todd), and yet we didn't know each other.

All three men also married Dominican women and traveled to the island a lot, and yet, i can't recall meeting any of them while i was living in the DR and working on the north coast. I'm certain that our paths must have crossed at O'Shay's--it certainly seems likely that it would have--we knew a lot of the same people on the north coast, but we never found out that we were all from the same small town. Until recently, Frank wasn't even aware that i was the younger brother of Papin.

Anyway, it looks like i got enough information for that particular chapter in my book, but its always interesting to find out how truly small the world really is.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I got out of jail for a few hours. The warden has left the and won't be back until 5pm. I'm finally free to roam around and see what it's like to be on the outside. It's nice out here in the free world. I may even have a beer before i go back into lockdown.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I got out of jail for a few hours. The warden has left the and won't be back until 5pm. I'm finally free to roam around and see what it's like to be on the outside. It's nice out here in the free world. I may even have a beer before i go back into lockdown.

Are you guys trying to make a baby or something ?

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Ron was a very generous guy and a lot of people took advantage of his generosity, some of who are probably reading this.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Stop writing books, will ya? I'm running out of money and my cel phone memory is almost full.