Cabarete to Santo Domingo in under 2 hours

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I took the redhead to Santo Domingo yesterday to renew her Cedula. We left Cabarete in the morning and made it to Bonao in 1:28 minutes. From there, we made it to Santo Domingo in 47 minutes. Total time for the trip was around 2:15.

I'm thinking this trip from Cabarete to Nunez y Caceras (Where Bon Ice Cream sits at the intersection) in Santo Domingo can be made in under 2 hours.

Any takers?

Frank

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Its about 100 miles as the crow flies so if you could fly at 50 miles per hour that's 2 hours. I have no idea how you will make it on the ground unless Danillo is going to clear the track for you.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
In the US anything going over 64 miles per hour is not classed as ultralight. I don't know about here

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Haha..it was on my motorcycle with two people: Me & Redhead. i'm pretty sure the trip can be done in under 2 hours.

Frank

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
ya now I remember....yesterday....by the way I going to send you the bill for my broken windows...you caused the sonic boom

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I'm thinking this trip from Cabarete to Nunez y Caceras (Where Bon Ice Cream sits at the intersection) in Santo Domingo can be made in under 2 hours.
Any takers?

it would require balls of steel, i think. call clark kent. :)

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Haha..it was on my motorcycle with two people: Me & Redhead. i'm pretty sure the trip can be done in under 2 hours.

Frank

Did you forget to adjust your watch for daylight saving time? :laugh:

A few months ago you were arguing with me that SD-Pedernales could not be done in less than 3 hours, which I had done. I assumed you were a cautious driver. Now you make it from Cabarete to SD in 2 hours?

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
it would require balls of steel, i think. call clark kent. :)

yes balls of steel or complete lack of self preservation.....remember this is the guy who tasered himself so anything is posible

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I also renewed my Cedula yesterday afternoon in Santo Domingo. We must have just missed each other although when we arrived there was a tall woman with fairly long wavy/curly reddish hair sitting in a chair.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Did you forget to adjust your watch for daylight saving time? :laugh:

A few months ago you were arguing with me that SD-Pedernales could not be done in less than 3 hours, which I had done. I assumed you were a cautious driver. Now you make it from Cabarete to SD in 2 hours?

I have not made it from Cabarete to SD in under 2 hours. I've come close, but as i've mentioned, i have not done it. Yesterday, we made it in 2:15. However, going solo on a Sunday, i think it can be done in under 2 hours.

Did i say the trip from Santo Domingo to Pedernales cannot be done in under 3 hours? I can't remember saying that, but my guess it would be very hard. I'll tell you why. My friend, Rob, and i, drove from Barahona to SD at...well, let's just say at a very progressive pace that bordered on insanity. I was driving the same bike as yesterday: Honda CBR 1000RR. He was driving a KTM 950SM. Needless to say, we were trying to travel back in time during our journey. We made it back in 2 hours and something...maybe 2:15. That would mean we would only have--according to your calculations--another 45 minutes to have gone from Barahona to Pedernales (if we were traveling the opposite direction: SD to Pedernales). That must be close to impossible, but i don't know. I have not done it in a race. So, in my eyes, it would be very, very difficult, because, first, you have all these small towns to navigate through, secondly you have poor roads, and thirdly, you have people everywhere and lots of curves once you get on highway 44 from Barahona to Pedernales. My guess--and i've done a lot of race trips around this island on sports bikes with different groups of people--it would extremely hard.

But, i'm always happy to be wrong. Why don't you do it and video tape the run. How fast did you say you did it? Do you have the link by any chance where i disagreed with you? I would like to see what my guess was.

Thanks, Frank