Cabarete vs Las Terrenas

NachoBroadway

Jan 3, 2017
ha,ha,ha - U must be the Canadian from Montreal
We heard someone say the exact same thing at a dinner table next to us at a restaurant

lolololol, I'm Dominican from NJ. During our week long stay last year we looked at property as we were mildly interested in a beach vacation home. We have been tracking the news on the Dominican government's increased infrastructure investments and the recent additions of airline routes from the U.S. to Samana. Social media is already seeing an uptick in postings so with all that it's only time before word spreads with the "influencers".

I've only been there once and I did hear more French spoken than any other language during my stay.

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008
We have a lot of them here in Cabarete too. 95% of the ones I know are very nice people.
There seems to be more french/Italians in Cabarete now and more North Americans now in Las Terrenas. Balancing things more. That’s good.

Reactions: Auryn

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Does anyone have a website advertising rentals in either area? Or even rentals themselves?
We’re comparing Sosua/Cabarete and Las Terrenas.

-Not above a colmado or where there will be nightly “guests”, we have young children.
- Bedroom A/C would be nice. $600-$800 US range would be ideal, but we do have some flexibility.

Thanks in advance.