Cabarete Weather Report

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Monday 08.11.04 @ 06.30am

Heavy rains yesterday evening then persistent showers throughout the night. Still raining at 07.00am this morning but now cleared a bit. Sky still very cloudy. Air temperature pleasant but probably a little cold for residents?
Sea calm with very little shore break.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Tuesday 09.11.04 @ 07.00am

Yesterday was really dull with persistent showers all day long, these lasted into the evening.
This morning the same overcast and cloudy skies. Looking like another dull day?
Sea calm with the occassional 0.5 metre wave on Bozo Beach.
Not a lot of people about this morning!

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Wednesday 10.11.04 @ 06.50am

More rain showers last evening!
Quite a breeze throughout the night which kept the temperatuures down.
Still windy early this morning but no real waves at sea, just lots of chop.
High tides bringing in lots of weed and debris on the beaches.
Cloudy over the hills inland and to the East. Winds onshore in the bay. Clearer skies out to sea but clouds building as I type. At least we can see the sun today!

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Thursday 11.11.04 @ 06.35am

Ah well, that's that spot of warmer weather over!!!
Winds and intermittent rain most of the night.
Almost abandoned my early morning beach walk as it is still blowing quite strongly and onshore. Surf is up and the beach is a bit of a mess with a lot of debris being washed up high.
Very dull and overcast with squalls and rain. Not nice!!

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Friday 12.11.04 @ 06.45am

More showers and rain yesterday and into the late evening. Seems drier this morning but the dull and overcast skies still over Cabarete. Wind is still blowing and the seas are quite rough. Not a nice day!

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Saturday 13.11.04 @ 06.50am

Rain and more rain but no breeze. Some bright patches now at 08.15am but the clouds are still there too!
Seas look good for surfing with 1.5 to 1.8 metre shore break on Bozo Beach. Lots of debris on the beach as the Rio Yassica brought down a lot of vegetation over the last couple of days and sent it all out to sea at La Boca.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Sunday 14.11.04 @ 07.40am

Yesterday turned out to be quite nice - the sun came out!
Cool this morning at 06.30am but warmed up a bit by 07.35am. Some clouds about earlier on.
Then it rained again!! Intermittent showers at the moment. (10.00am)
Some really big surf out on the reef of Cabarete Bay with the odd rogue wave making it all the way to the steps of Pitu Bar. Fun watching the tourists get caught unawares as they strolled the beach.
Shore break big enough to cause sand erosion and a strong undertow along the bay and on Bozo Beach.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Monday 15.11.04 @ 07.00am

More rain early this morning! Dark clouds all over the sky but now some bright patches. Still a lot of rain clouds all round.
Surf out on the reef with 1 to 1.5 metre shore break on Bozo Beach.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Tuesday 16.11.04 @ 06.45am

Wind and some light rain in the night.
Now very windy 20 to 31 knots out on the reef and in the bay.
Seas quite rough with wind chop and some nice waves/surf.
Skies dark, dull and overcast with rain in the air.
Not a nice day for the tourists, but are the waves in the right direction for the wind surfers?

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Wednesday 17.11.04 @ 06.50am

What a cold day yesterday and the wind was up too which did not help!
Winds died in the night and the sky was relatively clear early today except for big dark clouds towards the East and over Sosua.
The sky quickly clouded over during my early morning walk and there were a few spots of rain. It just rained for 10 minutes in Cabarete at 08.30am and the sky is dull and overcast now.
Big surf out on the reef with some large shore break at the western end of the beach around 1.5 to 1.8 metres, but generally only a metre in height. Couple of local lads out surfing on bozo Beach at 07.00am seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Unfortunately it looks like another dull and damp day.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Thursday 18.11.04 @ 06.45am

It just rained again!!
Dull and overcast skies early but this clearing to bright patches now at 08.25am. Still a lot of cloud about though?
Some surf out on the reef but shore break is now less than a metre.
Hey, the sun came out for a little bit at 09.00am.
(Hola Rizzle - Your query of the 17th 'Do you live near the sea'? did get to my notification box but does not appear in this forum thread? However, I live within an easy 5 minute stroll of the beach in Cabarete and walk my dogs there every morning, come rain or shine, at around 06.45am. Trust that answers your question)?

Last edited:

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Friday 19.11.04 @ 06.50am

It rained in the night again and then poured down this morning as we strolled the beach. (Overweight, unfit white skinned tourists trying to jog in wet tee shirts is not a pretty sight at this time of the morning)!
Sky is overcast with a lot of dark clouds, but ... there are a few bright patches.
Sea state is calmer but there is some shore break along the beach and some surf out on the reef.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Cabarete Weather

Peter, could you in your posts, indicate what the rest of the day was like perhaps in the following day's report or is the day's weather as bad as the night's? Thx

Heather

PS coming down Dec. 4 and wondering if the rainy weather is present all day or just in the nights!

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Saturday 20.11.04 @ 07.00am

Unfortunately Heather I do have a life outside of DR1, but I will try and recall the days weather. In reality, if it doesn't affect what I'm doing at the time then I don't really notice what it does through the day!
Yesterday it rained early in the morning but brightened around noon becoming overcast later in the day. Temperature picked up a bit too.
This morning at dawn it was quite cloudy but has been dry all night. Quite cold at that time of the morning. There are patches of blue sky now and it will probably brighten as the day grows.
Sea is relatively calm with very little shore break.
PS: Recently we've had our fair share of rainy days - in the last 10 days for instance, we've probably only had reasonable sunny spells on 2 of them!

bienvenido

Sep 5, 2004
cabarette

please provide me with information about best resort ^hotel to stay in Cabarette . all replies are welcome. Money will not be an object. please e mail me at logisticavegna?hotmail.com or my file e mail.

Last edited:

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Sunday 21.11.04 @ 07.20am

Yesterday turned out to have a few bright sunny spells but clouded up again later in the day.
More rain in the night.
Very dull and overcast in the early morning today with a nice easterly breeze. This diminished around 08.15am and now the air is quite still.
Some bright patches out to sea but generally dull and overcast again! It does look like it could rain shortly?
Sea is quite calm with very little shore break.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Monday 22.11.04 @ 07.00am

So what do I know about weather?? Having predicted rain yesterday - the damn sun came out for most of the day! It did cloud up later, but it did not rain until late evening!
This am - different story. Very dull with dark clouds around dawn. Then of course it rained again during our early morning stroll along the beach. Still intermittent showers and drizzle @ 09.00am. Sky overcast and cloudy with more rain on the way?
Sea is a bit choppy with up to 0.5 metre shore break along Bozo Beach and a little less in the bay.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Tuesday 23.11.04 @ 06.50am

Yesterday remained dull and drizzly for most of the day, clearing a little towards evening - but it was cold!
Woke this morning to dull and very overcast skies with rain clouds all over. It's now raining at 08.10am! Not a nice day.
Sea state similar to yesterday.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Wednesday 24.11.04 @ 06.50am

Yesterday - remained wet and drizzly for most of the morning but this cleared later in the day and we had some nicer weather.
At dawn this morning there were a few dark clouds on the horizon but these quickly cleared and the sun came up. Now we have clear blue skies and a hazy sun. Some scattered clouds about.
Sea is calm with little to no shore break.