Cable / Satellite

DogsRule

New member
Apr 14, 2004
147
0
0
I have cable--about 90 station, perhaps 25 - 30 in English. If I got a dish, would I have more channels? In English? Where would I buy one? What would it cost--for the dish; for the programming? I'm in POP. Any comments pro and con would be appreciated. Thanks.
 

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
3,830
302
0
75
www.casabush.org
dhintch said:
I see you posted this in April 2004, any luck, and what info did you find out? my e-mail dhintch@yahoo.com
No dhintch, the POSTER joined in April 2004 but posted yesterday 09.34 (see time left hand side under posters name).

There has been quite a bit of discussion on this subject over the last couple of years, can I invite you to visit the archives, punch in "satellite dishes" as your keywords, & see all the details they contain. Failing that, try "Dish TV". I am not clever enough to remember all that I see on this forum so always do a check in archives first if I am looking for new information! I have lived in the DR for 12 years, been a member of DR1 for 6 of them & STILL find the archives invaluable for finding information I don't have immediately available in my head or databases!! ~ Grahame.
 

DogsRule

New member
Apr 14, 2004
147
0
0
Archives

BushBaby said:
No dhintch, the POSTER joined in April 2004 but posted yesterday 09.34 (see time left hand side under posters name).

There has been quite a bit of discussion on this subject over the last couple of years, can I invite you to visit the archives, punch in "satellite dishes" as your keywords, & see all the details they contain. Failing that, try "Dish TV". I am not clever enough to remember all that I see on this forum so always do a check in archives first if I am looking for new information! I have lived in the DR for 12 years, been a member of DR1 for 6 of them & STILL find the archives invaluable for finding information I don't have immediately available in my head or databases!! ~ Grahame.

I have looked on the forum listings and the most recent archives I see are from 2001. I don't know how helpful that would be. How does one access 2004 archives?
 

TONITO

New member
Jan 29, 2004
30
0
0
sat dish

DogsRule said:
I have cable--about 90 station, perhaps 25 - 30 in English. If I got a dish, would I have more channels? In English? Where would I buy one? What would it cost--for the dish; for the programming? I'm in POP. Any comments pro and con would be appreciated. Thanks.
i talked to a domican guy last month in mia he said he brought it over here DTV and it works i brought two rca DTV recivers here now lookin for buyers i heard they where valuable here my e mail is tutonyamor@hotmail.com i have a dish tooo but trying to figure out how to get it here of course you have to have an active DTV acount i guess i'd like any info also on this does dish network work here also i read here somewhere if u point it str up u can get it
 

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
3,668
218
0
TONITO said:
i talked to a domican guy last month in mia he said he brought it over here DTV and it works i brought two rca DTV recivers here now lookin for buyers i heard they where valuable here my e mail is tutonyamor@hotmail.com i have a dish tooo but trying to figure out how to get it here of course you have to have an active DTV acount i guess i'd like any info also on this does dish network work here also i read here somewhere if u point it str up u can get it
Loose your dish. It's too small for here (Min.6' required for DTV) As for receivers, about US$100.00 ea. Programming is another story. Options available if you do a seach.
 

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
4,556
144
63
53
www.oceanworld.net
To summarize all your searches, if you got the money to spend its well worth getting DTV satellite. Now that pirating the signal is basically over its expensive. If you need someone in the POP area to set you up with any equiment or programming, give me a private e-mail.
 

TONITO

New member
Jan 29, 2004
30
0
0
thanks

Eddy said:
Loose your dish. It's too small for here (Min.6' required for DTV) As for receivers, about US$100.00 ea. Programming is another story. Options available if you do a seach.
thanks Eddy for the info da dish stays in mia but i have two more recivers there and program cards do you know any one willing to buy that's 400.oo $ mucho pesos ahi i hear you can burn da cards to get programming get back to me any one