cake in santiago

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I got family buying cakes from BJs and walmart, and let me tell you, the one in Bjs too darn sweet i almost gagged, and the walmart cake, was mediocre. For me, if its not bizcocho dominicano, then, quitalo de mi camino.

what on earth, apart from the obvious, is BJ???!!! i have never associated that with cake! icing, maybe. but now the cake itself. and i am quite puzzled that you gagged with BJ.

this must be the strangest post of the week.

Dec 26, 2011
what on earth, apart from the obvious, is BJ???!!! i have never associated that with cake! icing, maybe. but now the cake itself. and i am quite puzzled that you gagged with BJ.

EEUU, dv8. It's a big members-only box store. ;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's good i had my tiramisu BEFORE reading about gagging on a BJ "cake".
i swear, some pervs here would turn any thread, ANY into a sex mania...

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
BON is great.....one of few sweet things here that i enjoy to eat...and not that expensive, too....the other is MasMas chocolate... yeah I know that it tastes like the cheapest one from Lidl or tesco from Europe but its better than nestle crunchy o hersheys, for example... and cheaper :)

May 12, 2005
Noboa's in Los Jardines. Top quality handmade cakes.

Maria Elena y Mayra Noboa
C/1 #21
Jardines Metropolitanos
809-582-5975

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
what on earth, apart from the obvious, is BJ???!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ifeXpUKAi_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>..................

Rafael Perez

Oct 21, 2007

Oops sorry, let me clarify, I assumed everybody was familiar with that wholesale store. BJ's (Berkley and James, I think) is like Sam's club and Costco. Sorry for the misunderstanding.:ermm:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha, no worries. admittedly i did blow it out of proportions :)
but i really did not know, i have never been in USA.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
None of these can compare with Do?a Pilar!
Yes, PriceSmart has good cakes, yes Lumijore has cakes, yes La Campagna has good pasteries, yes, yes yes...BUT

Do?a Pilar is by far the best. 809 582 6127 Tell her Don Luis sent you. She will ask how many pounds (RD$400 a pound)...Two pounds is a LARGE cake. You can tell her what you want on it.
She is located on Calle Republic del Libano #14, the third house on your left if you go down the street (against traffic) or perhaps the 10th house coming up the street from On?simo Jimenez..the right way.

Her cakes are made the day you need them...

She also makes "brazo Gitanos" that are outta this world.

HB