Board a Flight to Canada 14 Days After a Positive Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harleyssuck

Jul 24, 2014
Our govt will let us back in Country at this point but the big question is the airlines and counter staff in POP. Anyone Know if this has happened.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Our govt will let us back in Country at this point but the big question is the airlines and counter staff in POP. Anyone Know if this has happened.
It’s much easier if you just get retested... unless your one of unlucky ones that keep retesting positive .

Duece

Mar 11, 2004
Just had a friend that went back to Canada on day 15. Had her negative test and is gone.

Harleyssuck

Jul 24, 2014
It’s much easier if you just get retested... unless your one of unlucky ones that keep retesting positive .
Yes but some people keep testing positive. I am looking to see if airlines are letting people board with a positive test after 15 days without re testing

Reactions: MGD

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Not to be like that, but maybe that's something you should ask the airline. I went to Sweden through Germany this past October, and as a Swedish national I didn't need any test to enter the country and transit through Germany also didn't require any test. Despite this everyone I asked at the airport said that I needed a negative test to travel. So I would guess that you'd better call the airline and POP Airport about this.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Yes but some people keep testing positive. I am looking to see if airlines are letting people board with a positive test after 15 days without re testing

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
If you are now symptom-free, you can provide proof of a positive COVID-19 molecular test when crossing the border, instead of a negative one.

• The test must have been taken at least 15 and no more than 180 days before (starting January 15, 2022, between 11 and 180 days):
    • the initial scheduled departure time of your aircraft
    • your scheduled entry into Canada by water or land
  • The proof of the positive result must be from an accepted type of molecular test
  • If your positive proof is accepted you won’t have to take arrival or Day-8 tests

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Go to the Canadian government website. They are about to change the timeframe but basically if you tested positive within 10 to 15 days that is all you need. You do not need a negative test for up to180 days. Once you find it do a screenshot in case anyone gives you grief.

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
I think the positive test up to 180 days only makes you exempt from any test upon entering Canada, so you will likely still need a negative test to get on the plane.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I think the positive test up to 180 days only makes you exempt from any test upon entering Canada, so you will likely still need a negative test to get on the plane.
According to the official Canadian site you are good to go. They are changing the time period from when you tested positive by a few days. If I can find it I will post the link.

Reactions: MGD

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
According to the official Canadian site you are good to go. They are changing the time period from when you tested positive by a few days. If I can find it I will post the link.
It’s 11-180 days since January 15th..

Reactions: melphis

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
My wife looked that up and Air Canada's website shows that if you have the positive PCR test within the 180 days they will allow you to board the plane. (Air Canada.ca)

She has the positive test from last week, so she should have no problem when we leave in April. The big question will be, will the Dominicans at the airport understand this. I suspect we will be having a interesting departure.

Reactions: Harleyssuck

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
My wife looked that up and Air Canada's website shows that if you have the positive PCR test within the 180 days they will allow you to board the plane. (Air Canada.ca)

She has the positive test from last week, so she should have no problem when we leave in April. The big question will be, will the Dominicans at the airport understand this. I suspect we will be having a interesting departure.
Although this should be a simple matter, I would be worried about potentially missing my flight.

Reactions: melphis

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas

Why not just get another PCR test within the 72-hr pre-departure window to be certain?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
It's not so much the $50 it's really about the principle. If you make a rule and post it on your website, then live with it. Years ago we brought a car to Canada from the US. The serial# started with a 1 so it was exempt from duty. The CBSA officer pointed out that the car was made in Germany and was just another Mercedes with Chrysler badging.

Before I could even open my mouth, my wife had dictated verbatim the rules of import to the guy and had him whimpering and apologizing. I kinda look forward to seeing a repeat of this at PUJ in April.

I should sell tickets🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.