Can You Help?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm good for a drum AE. Let me know how to pay.

Count me in for a drum. Can I pay via paypal?? I will also get in touch with a guy I know that couches some kids. Last I knew he was in Licey but he may have gone back up to Monti Cristi.

I’ll PM you both my PayPal address, thank you!!!

My father-in-law had a few cousins from Montecristi (Guayubin) who played ball in DR and USA.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This year’s shipment was picked up last night, there will be a lot of happy baseball playing boys in DR. Thank you to everyone who contributed towards the shipping costs, we also lucked out because our shipper is running a $100 per drum sale (usually $115), and we had a lot of them.

Photos of the distributions will follow.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
This year’s shipment was picked up last night, there will be a lot of happy baseball playing boys in DR. Thank you to everyone who contributed towards the shipping costs, we also lucked out because our shipper is running a $100 per drum sale (usually $115), and we had a lot of them.

Did the donations cover the cost AE? I can give another if need be.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We’ve had a few distributions of equipment to small teams already, and right now we’re awaiting arrival of a large group from another town. Here’s some of what will be given today, plus a pile of bats and catchers equipment

A7D03AD3-CF56-4C3E-8E6B-84817A1059E4.jpeg

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013

$115? We have brand new drum here for $55 lol

Reactions: irishpaddy

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I will make a contribution to cover two barrels(2) of assorted equipment: bases, helmets, bats, and balls etc.) when available. Tell me the cost and how to get the money to you.
Thanks

LTDan

Apr 29, 2021
SDQ
I think what you are doing is great and I applaud your efforts. About 5 years ago I brought down about 17 gloves and some bats and balls. We went to the local elementary school to distribute them. I told everyone that these were for kids who did not have any glove at all. So when we asked which kids do not have gloves, they all raised there hands. So I repeated, only the kids without a glove. All their hands remained in the air. NONE of those kids owned a baseball glove in El Frances.
So I decided to start with the smallest kid. Looking directly at the smallest one, I made 4-5 motions toward him with the glove to show him that I was going to toss it to him. Finally I tossed it and it lobbed through the air, bounced off his head and landed on the floor without him moving or even blinking. Something tells me that he will not be playing for the Yankees in 10 years!
there's always the orioles or d-backs

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I will make a contribution to cover two barrels(2) of assorted equipment: bases, helmets, bats, and balls etc.) when available. Tell me the cost and how to get the money to you.
Thanks
Thank you! We have about 8 drums filled right now, but won’t be shipping them until we book our flights down. Last year we were only able to give out about 1/3 of the equipment before Covid shut the airports and we took an evacuation flight, so all the rest is still stored in one of our bedrooms.
I’ll private message you.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
That’s the shipping. Buying the drum is on top of that. Never $55, usually $30-35
So $55 plus $155 for S/H? My wife's brother always ship from NJ to DR and always pay $40 flat, 3 weeks shipping. I'm not sure why you pay more.. Unless something else?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So $55 plus $155 for S/H? My wife's brother always ship from NJ to DR and always pay $40 flat, 3 weeks shipping. I'm not sure why you pay more.. Unless something else?
No. We’re shipping large 55 gallon plastic drums, not boxes. We donate the drums there too. Shipping is usually $100-115. Boxes are wayyyyyy cheaper and way smaller. If you know a mundanza shipping 55 gallon drums/tanques for $40 out of NY, I want the number. I’m pretty sure that’s impossible.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Thank you! We have about 8 drums filled right now, but won’t be shipping them until we book our flights down. Last year we were only able to give out about 1/3 of the equipment before Covid shut the airports and we took an evacuation flight, so all the rest is still stored in one of our bedrooms.
I’ll private message you.
Count me in for another drum too AE. Let me know when and where.

Reactions: AlterEgo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
For the first time in 3 years, we’ll be flying down to the Dominican Republic in January, after taking an evacuation flight in March 2020 due to Covid. We’ve accumulated a LOT of baseball equipment in that time, I think we have 10 big 55 gallon drums packed and ready to go, plus 2 more almost filled. Lots of boys will be very happy to see us pull up to their practice fields. Most of the drums were donated to us (our friend Angel manages a car wash). Shipping will be steep, but seeing those faces when we hand them free items is priceless. I’ll never forget the mother who stopped my husband one day to tell him her son was sleeping with his bat. We take so much for granted in the USA. Shipping has gone up, but because we’ll be shipping so much (also our stuff and a propane dryer), he’s holding to the $100 per drum price.

If you want to help, let me know. Checks, Venmo, PayPal, or you can deposit into our BHD dollar account if that’s easier.