Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Last February I had a pcr test for Canada done in Puerto plata
It came back positive, I had to go into quarantine at casa marina
Retook test from resort came back negative
Had to self quarantine at home when I got back for 14 days, on the 8 day day test in my home town
Test came back and it was negative and said I never had or was exposed to covid
And "they" say the tests are not reliable.

I guess "they" might be right.

Reactions: jd426

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
And "they" say the tests are not reliable.

I guess "they" might be right.
The tests are TRASH.. possibly by design .
People who had Covid usually KNOW they had something .
This whole Asymptomatic thing ( although real ) is greatly exaggerated ..
ie " you could have had it and never known"
no one has ever done a study on this specific demographic , they just lumped all the FALSE positives together with the people who were truly Asymptomatic .

• Sad
Reactions: OldSkool

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I love it when people pretend that they're more knowledgeable than credible scientists LOL
Statistics is something anyone can study in School...
what is your degree in , and we would be happy to listen to your facts .

stop taking personal shots , unless you have specific information .
trolling does not make you sound more intelligent .

it has been proven that these tests are giving false positives ... many of us now know people who have had false positives ..

Which of your Scientist Dispute this fact ?
maybe we can learn from you.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Has anyone got their Dominican vaccination card translated for travel to Canada?
I showed them mine (not translated) in June with both Sinovac shots and they could read the vaccine was Sinovac so the only problem is that Sinovac is not recognized by any health authority in Canada. For those with approved shots on a Dominican vaccine card if it clearly says the name (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra) you should not have a problem unless you get a grade A CBSA asshole.

The officers and health people that looked at ours, even in Spanish it is very clear what we were showing them and they did not mention a translation at all. What the one nurse said was so long as they can read it they would accept it. But that was in Calgary, who knows what the other Canadian places do.

If the card is in a language that uses a alphabet similar to English or French I doubt you will have a problem.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I showed them mine (not translated) in June with both Sinovac shots and they could read the vaccine was Sinovac so the only problem is that Sinovac is not recognized by any health authority in Canada. For those with approved shots on a Dominican vaccine card if it clearly says the name (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra) you should not have a problem unless you get a grade A CBSA asshole.

The officers and health people that looked at ours, even in Spanish it is very clear what we were showing them and they did not mention a translation at all. What the one nurse said was so long as they can read it they would accept it. But that was in Calgary, who knows what the other Canadian places do.

If the card is in a language that uses a alphabet similar to English or French I doubt you will have a problem.
Yes. My friend in Costambar had two Sinovac shots. Once she heard they weren’t approved in Canada, she arranged for two Moderna shots. She had the proof of vaccination card translated into English. Also had her PCR Covid negative test result from Bournigal labs translated into English. She filled out the Canadian government Covid travel app for reentry into Canada before she boarded her return flight. She breezed through CBSA once she arrived in Toronto. No delays and no further testing. She is fluent in Español. I don’t think she would have had a problem if her documentation was in Español.

Reactions: Auryn

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes. My friend in Costambar had two Sinovac shots. Once she heard they weren’t approved in Canada, she arranged for two Moderna shots. She had the proof of vaccination card translated into English. Also had her PCR Covid negative test result from Bournigal labs translated into English. She filled out the Canadian government Covid travel app for reentry into Canada before she boarded her return flight. She breezed through CBSA once she arrived in Toronto. No delays and no further testing. She is fluent in Español. I don’t think she would have had a problem if her documentation was in Español.
Where did she get Moderna shots?

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The tests are TRASH.. possibly by design .
People who had Covid usually KNOW they had something .
This whole Asymptomatic thing ( although real ) is greatly exaggerated ..
ie " you could have had it and never known"
no one has ever done a study on this specific demographic , they just lumped all the FALSE positives together with the people who were truly Asymptomatic .
JD. I wouldn’t say the tests are trash. Quick field tests always come with a built margin of error. The Covid 15 minute antigen test was a quick and dirty field test with a high possibility of false positives. The PCR lab test is much more effective when properly administered and ALL the lab protocols are followed. Even with that they still have a plus or minus 15% error margin. Bottom line is there is no 100% effective test. Given the urgency of testing to find out the spread of infection, it’s the best the pharmaceutical companies could come up with in a short time frame. Remember the adage, “ When your up to your ass in alligators it’s hard to remember your original objective was to drain the swamp.” That’s applicable here.

Reactions: jd426

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Where did she get Moderna shots?
Somewhere in the DR. Not exactly sure. Just showed her passport, explained her situation, and got the shots free of charge. Same for the Sinovac shots. She and her late husband have spent many winters in Costambar. She probably has friends in high and low places.

LTDan

Apr 29, 2021
SDQ
can't wait to see how the world reacts when more than 0.06% of the worlds population dies of a "STAND ALONE" disease or ailment; because a very high percentage of the "CHINA" virus deaths already had a life-threatening ailment

• Sad
Reactions: OldSkool

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I wonder with the new vaccine mandates announced in the the US if approved vaccines will soon be required on flights heading to the US or maybe just proof on arrival.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Good thing I didn’t listen to my Air Canada email stating I didn’t need a negative test.

The customs agent in Toronto asked to see my negative Covid test as well as my proof of vaccination. This would have been on ArriveCAN, but he requested that I show them both.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Good thing I didn’t listen to my Air Canada email stating I didn’t need a negative test.

The customs agent in Toronto asked to see my negative Covid test as well as my proof of vaccination. This would have been on ArriveCAN, but he requested that I show them both.
Did you have your covid test results and proof of vaccination in Spanish or translated? Which vaccine did you have? (Sinovac-pfizer....or other).Did you need a quarantine plan?

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012

Did you have your covid test results and proof of vaccination in Spanish or translated?
I only had it in English. I tried to log back into Referencia at the airport, but it sent me right to my English results page. I likely wouldn’t pay for translations, but rather try to figure out how to get the Referencia site to allow me to screen shot Spanish too.
Which vaccine did you have? (Sinovac-pfizer....or other)​

I have Pfizer (both doses).

Did you need a quarantine plan?

ArriveCAN asks for it. Basically just “Do you live with anyone with pre-existing conditions/over 65? “Will you have access to basic needs of required to quarantine?””Can you isolate from others in your household” etc.

Reactions: Ecoman1949

HDR

Nov 21, 2012

ArriveCAN asks for it. Basically just “Do you live with anyone with pre-existing conditions/over 65? “Will you have access to basic needs of required to quarantine?””Can you isolate from others in your household” etc.

Great info. So the clinic here in DR provided you with an English version of the Covid test?

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Great info. So the clinic here in DR provided you with an English version of the Covid test?
No. Lab Referencia provides a personal log in code to view results online.
Once I logged in later the next day, the website provided the option to view it in 4 languages: English, Spanish, French, and Italian. I chose English.
Domincan Airport officials will recognize the Lab Referencia heading, and should be smart enough to recognize “Negative” is “Negativo”. The guy I got was young, looked at it for a couple of minutes, and accepted the English test results.
I tried to log in and view the results in Spanish from my phone. I could not. If I were traveling again, I would try to also view them in Spanish and screen sh that too. I don’t know if it is possible.

Reactions: HDR

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002

Can you please highlight in the Air Canada email where it states that a negative test was not needed?

It used to say that you needed a negative test within 72 hours of arrival, right at the top of the page. It no longer has that where I can find it. Here is the email copied and pasted from Air Canada yesterday.

1. Review the latest travel & health requirements for each country on your itinerary

Fully vaccinated travellers (meaning individuals who have received the full series of a vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada more than 14 days prior to arrival)are exempt from the full 14‑day quarantine requirement and do not have to take the on-arrival COVID‑19 molecular test, unless randomly selected at the airport. Non-vaccinated children under 18 and dependent adults travelling with fully vaccinated individuals are also exempt.

All travellers must submit their information to ArriveCAN within 72 hours before arrival to Canada, including contact information, quarantine plan, and a COVID‑19 symptom self-assessment. Fully vaccinated travellers must submit their proof of vaccination. In addition to the receipt, they should have the actual vaccine certificate (paper or digital) to show the Customs officials on arrival.

All customers 5 years of age or older, including those fully vaccinated, are required to provide, prior to boarding, a negative COVID‑19 molecular test.

If you are not fully vaccinated, you will also need to take an on‑arrival COVID‑19 molecular test at the airport and complete a another test later in the quarantine period.

Unless fully vaccinated or otherwise exempt, you must also complete a 14 day quarantine.

Reactions: DR fan1990

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Can you please highlight in the Air Canada email where it states that a negative test was not needed?
1. Review the latest travel & health requirements for each country on your itinerary

Fully vaccinated travellers (meaning individuals who have received the full series of a vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada more than 14 days prior to arrival)are exempt from the full 14‑day quarantine requirement and do not have to take the on-arrival COVID‑19 molecular test, unless randomly selected at the airport. Non-vaccinated children under 18 and dependent adults travelling with fully vaccinated individuals are also exempt.

All travellers must submit their information to ArriveCAN within 72 hours before arrival to Canada, including contact information, quarantine plan, and a COVID‑19 symptom self-assessment. Fully vaccinated travellers must submit their proof of vaccination. In addition to the receipt, they should have the actual vaccine certificate (paper or digital) to show the Customs officials on arrival.

All customers 5 years of age or older, including those fully vaccinated, are required to provide, prior to boarding, a negative COVID‑19 molecular test.

If you are not fully vaccinated, you will also need to take an on‑arrival COVID‑19 molecular test at the airport and complete a another test later in the quarantine period.

Unless fully vaccinated or otherwise exempt, you must also complete a 14 day quarantine.

It was that section in red that I interpreted as meaning the test was unnecessary for
fully vaccinated travellers. That did not mean the negative PCR test was not needed.

As I have stated, I did take the test in the DR and I was asked for it both there and in Canada.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Here is what the Referencia Test looks like in English. Underneath the blue square is a green QR code that was not scanned, only viewed.
Above that, there is a bar code and numerical code that was not scanned either.

Lab Referencia PCR Test Example

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010

Thank you. One last question did you have your proof of vaccine in English were you vaccinated in the DR or Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.