Canada Cancel all flights to the Caribbean and Mexico Until April 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I am a Canadian and dam proud of it as well.
If I have to be stranded somewhere just because my February plans to return to Canada are on the back burner ; then The RD is the best place to be.
MY Wife's Uncle died this morning of COVID19 buried this afternoon... really efficient ; 69 years young.... great guy.
That's live... the big cycle

My sincere condolences... My dad will be 70yo next Summer, I have very strongly advised him to stay home (in Scandinavia), and he seems to be doing just fine, thankfully... He does take medication for blood pressure and a couple of other conditions, so taking things easy is a good idea...

Yes, I agree with you regarding where it's good to be stranded... Until things clear up a bit, we're just fine where we are, what kids need the least is a big change and our 8 yo is doing excellent studying online... The climate is very favorable to our 4 yo with tonsillitis...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Some of these snowbirds down in Florida postponed their return home to May in hopes that Canada will no longer require the $2k hotel quarantine by then.
Said they don't wanna feel like they are in prison.

Hahaha. They are in for rude awakening, these rules are here to stay buddy.
A friend of mine that has a really interesting background ( parents escaped from Czechoslovakia in 1963 and moved to France for several years , then off the Venezuela for 6 years, parent divorce, he stays in Venezuela and rest of family immigrate to Montreal, 22 years ago Marlene and husband immigrate to Austrailia and are now Australian and Canadian citizens. At Christmas she went to Mexico with her mom for a short vacation. Her mother got sick in Mexico, not covid and they cant fly until it's too late so they are stuck in Mexico. Fortunately they aren't poor and are fluent in Spanish. She cant fly back to Australia and her mother cant fly back to Australia and her mom cant fly back to Canada. What a turmoil this virus has caused.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I guess only you can be right and people that think like you you. Diversity of thought is just as if not more important than diversity of ethnic background.
Careful when expressing "wrong think", I would hate to see your comments get censored or worse....
see you get cancelled for refusing to tow the line.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Careful when expressing "wrong think", I would hate to see your comments get censored or worse....
see you get cancelled for refusing to tow the line.
Honestly Cristo, I don't think that would happen on this forum. The mods here try to stay balanced, even though I know they disagree with me and others from time to time. They are to be commended for that, because it's something the MSM has not been able to do.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Honestly Cristo, I don't think that would happen on this forum. The mods here try to stay balanced, even though I know they disagree with me and others from time to time. They are to be commended for that, because it's something the MSM has not been able to do.
You, Bob and myself all know which group that comment was intended for, lol...
and it wasn't the Mods.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
A friend of mine that has a really interesting background ( parents escaped from Czechoslovakia in 1963 and moved to France for several years , then off the Venezuela for 6 years, parent divorce, he stays in Venezuela and rest of family immigrate to Montreal, 22 years ago Marlene and husband immigrate to Austrailia and are now Australian and Canadian citizens. At Christmas she went to Mexico with her mom for a short vacation. Her mother got sick in Mexico, not covid and they cant fly until it's too late so they are stuck in Mexico. Fortunately they aren't poor and are fluent in Spanish. She cant fly back to Australia and her mother cant fly back to Australia and her mom cant fly back to Canada. What a turmoil this virus has caused.
I think she can fly from Mexico to USA and then Canada........? Flights from USA to Canada are not close, need to be Canadian or Canadian resident or family of them.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I think she can fly from Mexico to USA and then Canada........? Flights from USA to Canada are not close, need to be Canadian or Canadian resident or family of them.
The mother can make it back to Canada once she is well enough to fly but it is a little more complicated for my friend to get back to Australia. I think they are just going to stick it out in Mexico. They are is a safe spot, have good medical insurance and enough money.

Status
Not open for further replies.