Canada Cancel all flights to the Caribbean and Mexico Until April 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck1

Jun 22, 2009
Government announced today that all the major airlines in Canada will stop flying To The Caribbean and Mexico Until April 30 TH. I guess my Wife and Daughter will not be coming home for a long time.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Government announced today that all the major airlines in Canada will stop flying To The Caribbean and Mexico Until April 30 TH. I guess my Wife and Daughter will not be coming home for a long time.
They can fly into Canada through Florida or Arizona. Those routes are still open, as crazy as it sounds!

Reactions: Harleysrock

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Get them back asap via the US before they shut down the US route as well.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Canadians still need a PCR test to catch a connecting flight from The US to Canada. They will still need to take another covid test on arrival and spend three days at their expense waiting for the results of that test before they find out if they can go to their home or must go elsewhere for the remainder of the quarantine period. At least only the first three days in the hotel are at the passenger's expense so far. But have you heard the estimated cost of those 3 days?

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Canadians still need a PCR test to catch a connecting flight from The US to Canada. They will still need to take another covid test on arrival and spend three days at their expense waiting for the results of that test before they find out if they can go to their home or must go elsewhere for the remainder of the quarantine period. At least only the first three days in the hotel are at the passenger's expense so far. But have you heard the estimated cost of those 3 days?
Do they have Motel 6 in Canada?

canuck1

Jun 22, 2009
Well we own homes on the north coast so i think by now it is just better they sit it out until spring It not like it is hard to stay in the warm weather down there rather then the cold and snow here in Canada, My kid is in High school and is doing online schooling anyways so i guess we will just wait it out.
And Canadian Government is Charging $ 2000 + dollars for 3 day hotel stay when you arrive

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
There will be repatriation flights and the hotel quarantine will take some time to implement.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There will be repatriation flights and the hotel quarantine will take some time to implement.
Did they announce repatriation flights?
Why would it take time to implement the quarantine if the supreme leader says it has to happen "today"?

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Did they announce repatriation flights?
Why would it take time to implement the quarantine if the supreme leader says it has to happen "today"?
Not government sponsored repatriation flights. Extra flights by the airlines to get their loyal customers home earlier than expected. The Canadian government has emphatically stated they will not pay for repatriation flights. They learned a costly lesson flying tourists and cruise ship passengers home last Spring.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The extra restrictions really aren't fair for those Canadians who did not deliberately choose to vacation during the pandemic. My Mother is ill in hospital and even though I left Canada long before the pandemic began I am still encumbered by all of the "do not travel measures" to the extent that if there was a flight to catch, I still probably wouldn't be able to get to my Mother in under 3 weeks. There does not appear to be a process to apply for any sort of exemption from one or more of the restrictions based on the logical argument that one is not a member of the "let's go on vacation now club."

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
The extra restrictions really aren't fair for those Canadians who did not deliberately choose to vacation during the pandemic. My Mother is ill in hospital and even though I left Canada long before the pandemic began I am still encumbered by all of the "do not travel measures" to the extent that if there was a flight to catch, I still probably wouldn't be able to get to my Mother in under 3 weeks. There does not appear to be a process to apply for any sort of exemption from one or more of the restrictions based on the logical argument that one is not a member of the "let's go on vacation now club."
Im in the exact same boat

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
Estimated cost for 3 day stay at the monitored hotel is $2000.00

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I wonder how much longer they will keep trying to do these lock downs for? They don't work, we've seen that in 100% of the places its been done.
Interesting how the same group get in line supporting posts contrary to best science and "hurting people on purpose" nonsense'
This is not all about you.

Like the "government' has nothing to do but try and make life difficult for people.
The purpose and intent of government is to support polices for the general welfare of the governed.
The Canadian government is more aware than you what a difficult and unpopular move it is to cancel airline travel.

To focus on the survival rate of Covid and then even get that number wrong is past dumb.
The real number is worldwide estimate at 2.2 million deaths. Not the same as the mistaken 99.9 number in error.
The majority of people whom you share the world with understand why drastic steps are needed to slow the disease spread.

I am able to answer the first silly question.
The government will continue what you term lockdowns as long as the best available science shows it is prudent..
Anyone who does not understand the purpose and necessity of enforcing social isolation has their head in the sand.

If you have a better idea as to how the numbers of Covid cases can be reduced lets hear it.
Are you not able to see that cancelling flights is a difficult step for the Canadian government and they will not support such a radical move unless ALL the science supports it being necessary?

Nice to see that posts of this ilk are not longer tolerated on some of the social media sites.
Anything goes here, including misinformation and lies just so long as you are on the topic.

Kudos to the government of Canada for having the resolve to take the drastic steps needed and at risk of angering some Canadians who appear to have no real idea of what is going on in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Interesting how the same group get in line supporting posts contrary to best science and "hurting people on purpose" nonsense'
This is not all about you.

Like the "government' has nothing to do but try and make life difficult for people.
The purpose and intent of government is to support polices for the general welfare of the governed.
The Canadian government is more aware than you what a difficult and unpopular move it is to cancel airline travel.

To focus on the survival rate of Covid and then even get that number wrong is past dumb.
The real number is worldwide estimate at 2.2 million deaths. Not the same as the mistaken 99.9 number in error.
The majority of people whom you share the world with understand why drastic steps are needed to slow the disease spread.

I am able to answer the first silly question.
The government will continue what you term lockdowns as long as the best available science shows it is prudent..
Anyone who does not understand the purpose and necessity of enforcing social isolation has their head in the sand.

If you have a better idea as to how the numbers of Covid cases can be reduced lets hear it.
Are you not able to see that cancelling flights is a difficult step for the Canadian government and they will not support such a radical move unless ALL the science supports it being necessary?

Nice to see that posts of this ilk are not longer tolerated on some of the social media sites.
Anything goes here, including misinformation and lies just so long as you are on the topic.
Well said...you tell em ..

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Caonabo
Status
Not open for further replies.