Canada Relaxes Travel Restrictions

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Canada has quietly lowered travel rstrictions.
But the DR is not off the hook -

==============================================

1634902608112.png

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
What is the difference between "exercise a high degree of caution" and "exercise normal security precautions"?

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
How the hell is today any different from yesterday with this announcement?
We still face the same PCR test restriction/requirement to come home, or face a $5,000 fine if you refuse to do so.
Yet another hollow meaningless announcement from a hollow meaningless government.
Yes, I am frustrated.....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The article says the previously the gov't was advising NO TRAVEL..... for non-essential purposes

Now they are say non-essential travel is OK - BUT-.... beware!!

Seemingly a useless change of position

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
In Canada (right now) we have (age 12 or older)....
1st dose 89.0%
2nd dose 84.2%

where I live, it is usually 2% higher.
Everyone wears masks in ALL stores (or anywhere indoor).

I don't think asking Canadians to be double vaccinated to fly is too demanding a requirement.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
In Canada (right now) we have (age 12 or older)....
1st dose 89.0%
2nd dose 84.2%

where I live, it is usually 2% higher.
Everyone wears masks in ALL stores (or anywhere indoor).

I don't think asking Canadians to be double vaccinated to fly is too demanding a requirement.
Its still a choice to not get vaccinated in Canada. By choosing not to, you can't fly, take a train, attend indoor sporting events, attend any large gathering and the list goes on.

Today it was reported that most northern communities through out Canada have vaccination rates under 40%. I don't think its that big of an issue as its really not that many people. 75% of the Canadian population lives within 100 miles of the US boarder. I must be a northern sparse population thing. Montana, Idaho, and north Dakota are among the highest cases with the lowest vaccination rates.

Reactions: aarhus

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Its still a choice to not get vaccinated in Canada. By choosing not to, you can't fly, take a train, attend indoor sporting events, attend any large gathering and the list goes on.

Today it was reported that most northern communities through out Canada have vaccination rates under 40%. I don't think its that big of an issue as its really not that many people. 75% of the Canadian population lives within 100 miles of the US boarder. I must be a northern sparse population thing. Montana, Idaho, and north Dakota are among the highest cases with the lowest vaccination rates.
Might be more of a weather thing.