Canadian killed in Residencial Hispaniola

Erdocp

Jun 25, 2019
[QUOTE = "House, post: 5520093, member: 78685"]
I would not want to be responsible for the security of such a place but it's totally doable if the owners / residents are willing to pay for it and live under tight security. The problem is that most people don't see or feel the need, they're not willing to pay and they definitely don't want to "feel" the security.

Sea Horse Ranch gets it right or close enough. Can't recall a home invasion or murder in a villa there.
[/ QUOTE]
Same is true for Beach Palace. Very good Security. Never had a problem in last 7 years that We have been coming here.

Reactions: House

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Its not just DR... crimes of passion,random acts of violence , premeditated murder all carry one thing in common "Someone gets hurt or dies''.
I would venture to say 99.9% of the victims are unaware of the potential of loosing their life until it happens .Then it is too late.
Diligence and awareness of your surroundings at all times is imperative if we wish to live in a safe environment.
Prepare for the worst and plan for the best.
My Tourism Project here in Luperon was basically wiped out when the Developers died..... even though we were assured of a real succession plan.
The reliance on the assigned guard gave us a feeling of false security...Today I feel much more secure looking after my families secure environment myself.
I come from a Province in Canada where ''my'' Denturist killed 23 innocent persons in a premeditated killing spree....this past weekend.... no one expected that.
I have a hard time brushing my teeth and smiling.
I cannot imagine the horror the Hispinola Canadian Victim experienced prior to his demise.
It is unfathomable ; and shivers my bones to think about it.
Rest in Peace fellow traveler , our thoughts are with you.
Russell

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
And we now have another Canadian dead. He was reported missing for a few days and was now reported found dead.

• Wow
Sep 22, 2009
No other info available for you to pass along?

Location or link to a media article?
Screenshot_20200422-182629.png

• Sad

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Thx. I'm one who believes that FB and twitter are evil so have no social media accounts. Until something hits the press I don't know about it.

Reactions: Tarheel

Mario13

Apr 20, 2020
Rome
I know that he was living with his best friend. Where was he in that moment? Something doesn't fell right. This "friend" was always with him. I've seen on a Facebook video that they having parties every day with different people.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, another murder. Yet the expat community generously feeds them and their families during this epidemic. Expats are always the first to rescue the locals in times of despair. Raising money for food, house repairs and furniture. Yet the murders and extortion continue and we sit back and let it happen.

Sep 22, 2009
Yes, another murder. Yet the expat community generously feeds them and their families during this epidemic. Expats are always the first to rescue the locals in times of despair. Raising money for food, house repairs and furniture. Yet the murders and extortion continue and we sit back and let it happen.
Oh puh-leeze. If I had a nickel for every time I heard this old gem.

SeaMonkey, you seem like you have experience in life enough to know that "charity" is an illusion. There are two types: 1. I give myself the pleasure of pleasing myself. 2. I give myself the pleasure of pleasing others. The second is more subtle and dangerous because it tells me how great I am.

Tashley76

Feb 23, 2020
Exactly what i was thinking. People leave America and have family members in poverty and want to come to the dominican and play save the world to feed their egos

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Money and proper management. There is an armed guard on literally every corner in Sea Horse Ranch and you are not allowed to go anywhere but where you are supposed to be going. There is a well paid manager looking over the guards at all times to make sure they are doing their job properly and another manager watching over that manager making sure he is doing HIS job. Management 101,layers.

A couple of years ago I actually lived for a month in the house where this man was killed,once my visitors were allowed through the gate they could go anywhere they wanted to unimpeded,that's not happening in Sea Horse Ranch. I have a friend that owns a home in Hispaniola presently and I and a few friends have gone in there with just a wave to the security guard at the gate,of course we are all gringos,it makes a huge difference unfortunately.

Had a few drinks with friends at the Sea Horse restaurant
on the ocean late last year. Their security is the best I've seen
anywhere outside of the states aside from Egypt.

Reactions: Seamonkey and House

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Had a few drinks with friends at the Sea Horse restaurant
on the ocean late last year. Their security is the best I've seen
anywhere outside of the states aside from Egypt.

Security at Sea Horse ranch is in fact very good. The community as a whole is very nice. South Africa has more private security than just about anyplace on the planet. Just about every community and business has private security , ARMED

Reactions: KyleMackey

JimmyGibbon

Jun 24, 2010
[QUOTE = "House, post: 5520093, member: 78685"]
I would not want to be responsible for the security of such a place but it's totally doable if the owners / residents are willing to pay for it and live under tight security. The problem is that most people don't see or feel the need, they're not willing to pay and they definitely don't want to "feel" the security.

Sea Horse Ranch gets it right or close enough. Can't recall a home invasion or murder in a villa there.
[/ QUOTE]
Same is true for Beach Palace. Very good Security. Never had a problem in last 7 years that We have been coming here.
We live at Beach Palace and agree regarding security.

Reactions: CristoRey

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Exactly what i was thinking. People leave America and have family members in poverty and want to come to the dominican and play save the world to feed their egos

And how did you come to this conclusion that the two victims were here to "feed their egos" ?

BTW They were both Canadians, R.I.P and one of the victims lived in the "the dominican" sic* for 27 years.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
What a bunch of crap.
I must say that I have a healthy, ok huge ego. Throwing a chica or a shoeshine boy a few hundred pesos is not going to make it any bigger. Sad that the old guy was killed. Not saying its the case here, but many lonely older gentleman with means come here for companionship and get taken advantage of. Its not new.