Canadian or Expat meetings

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I'm in and I'll bring a buddy or two as well. How about somewhere in the Zona Colonial, I think it's the easiest for most people. Maybe meet up somewhere that everyone can find like the Hard Rock Cafe and then march the party down the street to a decent Colmodon or park where we can have some affordable drinks and shoot the shat? I'm thinking next Saturday the 9th in the late afternoon about 5-6 while it's still light out would be the right time to get started. Thoughts?

Norteman, ExPat13, TOOBER_SDQ, Juanita, That's 6 or 7 of us, can we make it a dozen?

I guess this plan above is the best one to follow. Unfortunately not much of a response and tomorrow is the day. Please announce if your interested in showing. I am in and will bring a local friend who speaks english and will try for another. Anyone else in for sure????

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Again, I can't make it tomorrow because I am in another hemisphere, but I will definately make the next one.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Why not move it to another day so we have more people attending?

Due to poor response and lack of confirmations for tomorrow, I am leaning to agree Juanita.
Possibly the following Saturday may be better.

Thoughts???

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Ok, I've been away a couple days. I just spoke to my friend and his wife and we're all in if others are interested? How about the Colmado behind the ruins at San Francisco where they play music on Sunday nights? Plenty of tables to sit down at, cool little spot, just up the hill from Plaza Espana @ 5:30?

If people are still interested please confirm.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Mason,

Sorry amigo i am now tied up with other plans. I gave it until the a.m. today before realizing it looked like a no-show.

Myself, another gringo here on one month holiday, as well a local who speaks english are all in for next saturday though.

Is this place walking distance fron the alcazar de colon???

Hopefully we can gather more interest by next Saturday.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
The previously postponed EXPAT GROUP meeting NOW Sat. MAY16 6PM

Due to a lack of response for this past Saturdays event we have decided to push forward to the upcoming Saturday. It will be located at a colmado near the Colonial Zone center. More location details on Masons previous post.

I encourage any and all english speakers and guest to join in.
Please copy this post and add your name if you will be attending;

Expat13 plus 2

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
I have a previous engagement that evening but will try to make it for at least one hour.

Cheers...

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
English speaking Expat get together

My plans got cancelled so I'm back in!!! :bunny:

Hi Juanita,

Please help spread the word as saturday comes very quick and no new responses. As you are well aware there is alot we can learn from each other sharing experiences at such meetings.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Reminder expat party

Just wanted to remind and see who is confirmed for tomorrows get together.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
The plan so far is to show up with JDjones + wife, I think... and juanitita of course! Can we re-confirm the place and time...

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
The plan so far is to show up with JDjones + wife, I think... and juanitita of course! Can we re-confirm the place and time...

I would say 6-7 is a good time and the location mentioned in the earlier thread cerca the colonial zone. I am not exactly sure its location but should be easy to find.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It used to be called something like La Esquinita de Don Guillermo, not sure if it's been changed.