Canadian Woman Killed in Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
el nacional writes about this accident: Mueren dos en choques; 3 resultan heridos -

Entre las personas fallecidas est?n Deissy Michael, de 61 a?os, residente en el sector La Pista, de Sos?a, al chocar la pasola en que se transportaba con un cami?n Daihatsu, placa, L-213706, que conduc?a Felipe Mart?nez de 36 a?os. El accidente ocurri? en el kil?metro siete de la carretera que comunica Cabarete con Y?sica.
En el mismo accidente result? herido el italiano Michael Delly de 65 a?os.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
You are taking a big chance driving on a moto here. Doesn't matter whose fault it is when someone dies.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
el nacional writes about this accident: Mueren dos en choques; 3 resultan heridos -

Entre las personas fallecidas est?n Deissy Michael, de 61 a?os, residente en el sector La Pista, de Sos?a, al chocar la pasola en que se transportaba con un cami?n Daihatsu, placa, L-213706, que conduc?a Felipe Mart?nez de 36 a?os. El accidente ocurri? en el kil?metro siete de la carretera que comunica Cabarete con Y?sica.
En el mismo accidente result? herido el italiano Michael Delly de 65 a?os.

Bing

PUERTO PLATA. Two people died and three were injured in two traffic accidents that occurred in various towns in the province, police said today.

People are Ofissy Michael, 61, a resident in the sector the track, Sosua, when hitting the scooter that was transported with a lorry Daihatsu, plate, L-213706, Felipe Mart?nez 36-year-old driving. The accident occurred at kilometer seven of the road between Cabarete with Yasica.

The 65-year-old Italian Michael Delly was injured in the same accident.

Francisca Carbajal Ventura, of 48 years died in another accident and injured Antonio Jim?nez and Yery Reinoso to the pass in which were transported with a truck on the road to Puerto Plata with Imbert.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
detras de rumor gives a bit different report: http://detrasdelrumor.com.do/index....anadiense-muerta-en-accidente-y-esposo-herido

La v?ctima mortal fue identificada como Richelle Dessi, de 61 a?os de edad de origen canadiense, quien perdi? la vida al impactar la motocicleta en la que transitaba junto a su esposo Malko Dessi de 65 a?os de edad, contra una camioneta marca Isuzu, color blanco, placa L 213706, propiedad de Francis Mueble, conducida por Melvin Felipe Mart?nez Garc?a de 36 a?os de edad quien result? ileso.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I remember the kid that got killed riding a motorcycle between Sosua and Cabarete. He stopped in the middle of the road while using the standard left arm signal for turning left.

The truck driver who rear ended him didn't have a clue what hand signals were.

I find it amazing all the unfortunate accidents and crime that happens near Cabarete.

i bet he didn't have a clue what a driver's licence was, either.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
When I first started visiting the North Coast, a Canadian expat advised me to never get on a scooter, because every gringo he knew who had risked it, ended up with broken bones or worse.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
I remember the kid that got killed riding a motorcycle between Sosua and Cabarete. He stopped in the middle of the road while using the standard left arm signal for turning left.

if you're on 2 wheels, DO NOT EVER STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!!
If you need to turn left, pull over to the side of the road and wait till the coast is clear

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
scooters will save you lots of gas money which is good as you will need the cash for hospital bills or a funeral.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I honestly can't tell you how fast my scooter will go. I know from experience that it goes too fast for the potholes, other drivers and the scenarios that occur on every ride I take. A crash at 80 km/h in a car or on a moto is likely to be fatal or result in significant injury with either vehicle. The laws of inertia apply equally to drivers and riders. That mistaken feeling of safety within the walled cage of a jeepeetah does more to contribute to the problem and a feeling of invincibility than it actually solves.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ohhhhh... I thought it happened in the stretch just entering Cab...

I really like Zoomz idea to put in the big speed bumps and on both sides!!! I heard some talk of a bypass being in the works a while back - was that just speculation? Does anyone know?

The bypass is brought up from time to time, but I do not expect there is the political desire to actually construct such a bypass despite the amount of money that could be embezzled from such a large project that would have to reclaim a large section of wet lands.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The bypass is brought up from time to time, but I do not expect there is the political desire to actually construct such a bypass despite the amount of money that could be embezzled from such a large project that would have to reclaim a large section of wet lands.

it is just a matter of priority and scale, windy. right now they are completely busy embezzling money from all these schools popping up in every backyard.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
if you're on 2 wheels, DO NOT EVER STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!!
If you need to turn left, pull over to the side of the road and wait till the coast is clear

That's certainly best here. It's what Dominicans do and other drivers are used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.