Candido Mercedes: Popularity of Luis Abinader at 70%; PRM as a party hovers around 50%

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Candido-Mercedes-Acento-1024x576.png

Sociologist and political analyst Candido Mercedes told Acento TV that at the halfway point of his administration, President Luis Abinader has a high approval rating, around 70%, according to the Latin American Presidents Approval Index. Mercedes says that credible polls reveal that the President’s popularity is 20 percentage points above that of the ruling Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM).

Mercedes warns that if President Luis Abinader does not run again, the PRM would lose the 2024 presidential election. Mercedes called President Luis Abinader sort of “a one-man orchestra). He said Abinader has to attend to practically all government affairs.

He said the work capacity of the President has strengthened his image and raised his popularity. He said the ruling political party (PRM) is moving slower and is not doing its political work among the population.

He considered that...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
i t would be a shame if this president is not elected again...would set the country back 20years ...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I hate to say it, but I remember a time when Danilo had a really strong approval rating.

Reactions: aarhus

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
It pays to be a man who can go hard in the paint, take the rock 🏀 straight to the hole 🕳️ while taking a little (or a lot of contact) and still finishing strong (AND1).

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
It pays to be a man who can go hard in the paint, take the rock 🏀 straight to the hole 🕳️ while taking a little (or a lot of contact) and still finishing strong (AND1).
Um... Right. Take that rock to the hole. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Would you prefer...
It pays to be an astute gentleman who is skilled in the political arts that can take on the challenges and obstacles put before him and still accomplish his goals.

More education for those who did not grow up playing streetball like I did:

rock

1: a form of cocaine
2: a basketall
3: a stone
4:a type of music
5: a fake ass wrestler
yo, pass that rock so i can shoot some hoops

Welcome to block city ‼️

EASTSIDE!!

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
There. See. I learned something today. Living here my entire adult life it's no surprise I didn't know a rock was a basketball.

Reactions: beeza