Cangrejo bridge closed due to major structural failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
That’s what I’m saying too…overkill for small river..
Looks narrow because they filled in part ways to be able to have a working area around the abutments and to keep water out when they dug down for the footings. just looking at pics you can see about 30 feet each side of the abutments and about 40 feet of water. some of the working area should be pulled up later. Or just let the next big rain to clear it out. In the month since I was there it appears that not much has been accomplished. Snails pace would be an improvement. Finish for the election??? Your guess is as good as mine.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
No way…over 100’
Did you measure it on Google Earth?

Here you go:

1699032226908.png

Reactions: cavok

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Looks narrow because they filled in part ways to be able to have a working area around the abutments and to keep water out when they dug down for the footings. just looking at pics you can see about 30 feet each side of the abutments and about 40 feet of water. some of the working area should be pulled up later. Or just let the next big rain to clear it out. In the month since I was there it appears that not much has been accomplished. Snails pace would be an improvement. Finish for the election??? Your guess is as good as mine.
Bingo they filled it in…

Reactions: JD Jones

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The La Vega overpass took 13 months, and that was on one of the major highways.
I didn't realize it took that long.
I really need to get out of the city more often.

Gary is coming back up from Medellin later this month so I'll probably make the trip up there with him this time around. It's been a minute for sure.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I've been over that bridge to many times to count, there is no way that river is 100 ft. wide.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've been over that bridge to many times to count, there is no way that river is 100 ft. wide.
I'll let Google Earth know. BTW, the old bridge was 185 ft. long.

1699198515290.png

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Past ..no longer..not an argument just observation..
What do you mean past? That's a recent photo. Just to the north of where the bridge will be, the river is wider than 100ft. On the south side, it appears less than 100', but part of the river on both sides is obscured by tree canopy making it look less wide.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
What do you mean past? That's a recent photo. Just to the north of where the bridge will be, the river is wider than 100ft. On the south side, it appears less than 100', but part of the river on both sides is obscured by tree canopy making it look less wide.
Photo is 6 months old
... recent for Google Earth like I said wait for updated..

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Photo is 6 months old
... recent for Google Earth like I said wait for updated..
Wait for updated what? You can see in the photo that I posted that there has been fill added along the river bank making it narrower than it was before. The width of the river is not going to change except for the fact that they're putting in those abutments which will probably make the river narrower at those points.

You don't make any sense. Try using complete, coherent sentences. It improves communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.