Cangrejo bridge closed due to major structural failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Maybe you can camp out, dress up like Batman and be the first one in line to cross. I will most likely wait a month or so to make sure I don't end up floating down the river
Do they do stress tests on these things prior to the grand opening?
Sure I will, according to your opinion which are the best 5 stores on the NC where they sell those costumes and a tent?

"Feel free to answer with any additional details that might be related to either store" :LOL:

Well maybe in the US, but here? I wouldn't think so, the president doesn't have time for testing, he needs it done in 9 days, so that he can boast about how his government accomplished something no other government has done in the DR history.. :rolleyes:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
C, this really doesn't matter all the speculation and calculations. At the end of the day we're all just gonna have to drive across it regardless if they used steel or aluminum foil, concrete or cotton candy. Regardless if it's 34' or 10. It is what it is.
I'm just trying to do my part to hit that 1000 post mark!

Reactions: Kricke87

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I'm just trying to do my part to hit that 1000 post mark!
Just noticed that I am 23 away from the 1000 mark. No wait, make that 22 in only a little under 8 years and am hoping like heck that this isn't off topic.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Pictures don’t do Size Justice …bridge is massive more than enough room 4 lanes and walkway. Look at picture and roadway bridge is wider then road and cars parked on sides..
That was my suspicion. More than enough room for 4 lanes.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Pictures don’t do Size Justice …bridge is massive more than enough room 4 lanes and walkway. Look at picture and roadway bridge is wider then road and cars parked on sides..
The argument to disregard pictures for assessing the bridge's size, yet still using them to make an estimate, seems contradictory and, frankly, illogical.
You can still kind of make an idea of the size, not to the exact feet of the width, but still, comparing between the size of the workers and the width of each panel and then multiplying it by the number of visible panels (I don't know, there might be some invisible ones that are not in the pictures),
I find it hard to go beyond 45-50 feet in width.

Reactions: cavok

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
The argument to disregard pictures for assessing the bridge's size, yet still using them to make an estimate, seems contradictory and, frankly, illogical.
You can still kind of make an idea of the size, not to the exact feet of the width, but still, comparing between the size of the workers and the width of each panel and then multiplying it by the number of visible panels (I don't know, there might be some invisible ones that are not in the pictures),
I find it hard to go beyond 45-50 feet in width.
What the bleep you stirring Krinky nobody said that. ..

• Haha
Reactions: Kricke87

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Look at the workers standing on those panels. They don't look as wide as a worker is tall, so maybe 4 feet each(?). That would make the bridge 32 feet wide.
My two cents: I think each of those sections are 6' wide which makes a double section 12'. That means there are 4 12' wide sections.

IIRC, the lane width on US roads is 10'-12', which means there's enough space for 4 lanes.

Having said that, I still think it will be two very wide lanes like the picture I posted before, which was from an official source.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
let’s play a game how many cranes will fit side by side on bridge winner gets a jar of jelly beans!!

3527231F-A999-49D6-9DC0-A4C131C2CDC7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.