Cangrejo bridge closed due to major structural failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As the son of a baker, I am not sure I can celebrate 8 day old bread.
We used to have the best rye bread anyone ever tasted. Those were the days.

Is the bridge open?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
As the son of a baker, I am not sure I can celebrate 8 day old bread.
We used to have the best rye bread anyone ever tasted. Those were the days.

Is the bridge open?
It's got a good til January date, but I know what you mean. It is soft and squeezy, like Charmin.
I watch people in Bravos' bakery asking when the next batch of loaves is coming out of the oven even when there's a wall of fresh bread in front of them.
I saw a video of them asphalting the bridge at night, but it didn't have a date on it so your guess is as good as mine.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
It's got a good til January date, but I know what you mean. It is soft and squeezy, like Charmin.
I watch people in Bravos' bakery asking when the next batch of loaves is coming out of the oven even when there's a wall of fresh bread in front of them.
I saw a video of them asphalting the bridge at night, but it didn't have a date on it so your guess is as good as mine.
Mr Whipple says Please don't squeezy the Charmin

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The rye bread from the family bakery had a hard crust. It was incredibly good.

All the rain is certainly delaying the opening of the bridge. I'm dreaming of a wet Xmas..... and It's the most dangerous time of the year.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
The rye bread from the family bakery had a hard crust. It was incredibly good.

All the rain is certainly delaying the opening of the bridge. I'm dreaming of a wet Xmas..... and It's the most dangerous time of the year.

See what you did? I just ordered another one.

Zaks Bakery rye bread is like that. I don't think it has any preservatives in it either.

The Nature's Own extra thick sliced Rye is not very hard, but I love the smell when I open the bag.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I can’t find the bridge has anyone seen the bridge where’s that confounded bridge

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
You see? This is what happens when there's no opening ceremony. :ROFLMAO:

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
So did the rains block the official opening tomorrow?
Tomorrow is the date for the president to dedicate the new bridge. It would be nice if it was opened also. When the president recently dedicated the new bridge on the Duarte highway, it was not open to traffic until almost a week later.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Is it still raining up there? That was the only thing stopping them from putting down the final layer of asphalt and opening for traffic. (although I don't understand why)

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Is it still raining up there? That was the only thing stopping them from putting down the final layer of asphalt and opening for traffic. (although I don't understand why)
Fair amounts of rain, with showers continuing through 10am. Rain in the forecast for the evening and night also.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Fair amounts of rain, with showers continuing through 10am. Rain in the forecast for the evening and night also.
You know how asphalt gets when it's laid on a wet surface. I'm pretty sure the Estrella folks are not going to take the chance. They can still do the inauguration anyway.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
You know how asphalt gets when it's laid on a wet surface. I'm pretty sure the Estrella folks are not going to take the chance. They can still do the inauguration anyway.
Asphalt is done on bridge just town on both sides isn’t fully finished…

Reactions: JD Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.