Cangrejo bridge closed due to major structural failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
You must mean the corner in Sosua going up to Hispanola. Corraplata have been working on this for almost a month. And now another pile of crap blocking the corner once again.
and every few days they put up a corplatta sign , like they are proud of what they are doing, and in an hour the sign falls into the ditch and becomes part of the mess.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So to summarize, the new bridge is 4 lanes, has sidewalks on either side, guard rails that are practically useless, and will be open before Xmas.

It has rained a lot in Cabarete, not sure about that in Sabaneta de Congrejo.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
So to summarize, the new bridge is 4 lanes, has sidewalks on either side, guard rails that are practically useless, and will be open before Xmas.

It's rainy everywhere in DR
"Now I've found that the world is round and of course it rains everyday"

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Have they striped it Windy ? - Yesterday they were waiting for a break in the rain to finish the final asphalt lift and pour the slope protection on abutments and suspend a water pipe.
Anyway - anyone know the time of the dedication tomorrow ?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It's not just the corner. The disaster goes up the hill past Hispaniola Residency. It's one lane with mud, water and a dug up road. It's been two months now and no progress.
Just like the busy road through Callejon de la Loma, Cabarete. The water company is very good at breaking up roads but they never think of fixing them afterwards.

Reactions: Seamonkey and cavok

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Have they striped it Windy ? - Yesterday they were waiting for a break in the rain to finish the final asphalt lift and pour the slope protection on abutments and suspend a water pipe.
Anyway - anyone know the time of the dedication tomorrow ?
When Paliza inspected the bridge, he said the President was coming on the 21st.

Reactions: windeguy

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I say take a few extra days to do all the little finishes and slope protection because once traffic starts going through it will be very difficult to do it.
With all the rain we have had they can be given another week.
My God I see sun this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.