Can't this be changed?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Is ‘Whats New’ where one has already participated and ‘New Posts’ where one has not ?
I may be wrong, but I think "New posts" under the "Home" icon at the top left is all new posts, while posts where one has participated can be seen by clicking on the alerts "Bell" next to the mail icon at the top right of the page.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Frank, are you utilizing the filters provided at the top right of the first post of the page?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
After not having visited DR1 for several days I went online again, trying to see the New Posts but Dolores's news clippings were just TOO much!!
The site is not what it used to be and I'm not referring to eliminating the OT section.
I think she owns it and is free to do as she likes.
No one forces anyone to read the news posts but I fine them interesting.
OT became a battle zone.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
We will continue to look for ways to improve the site and that includes taking into consideration all the feedback.

I think Africaida provided a great suggestion in post# 25.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I appreciate your input Carlos. You might take into consideration (who I am I to suggest) that some of us, with some knowledge of and experience in, the Dominican life and society, sometimes wish to contribute something not related to the DR.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I appreciate your input Carlos. You might take into consideration (who I am I to suggest) that some of us, with some knowledge of and experience in, the Dominican life and society, sometimes wish to contribute something not related to the DR.

noted and understood.

Thanks again.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I agree w/ Fulano....

In order to cope in RD, we may need to draw on experiences from other countries or past lives...
Altho not directly related to RD - they do , in fact relate to RD

As in
Here's how this problem has been handled elsewhere...... w/ or w/o success.....

If the rules are too stringent, It's hard to draw comparisons

Plus, sometimes a little diversion helps to avoid a fist fight

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I agree w/ Fulano....

In order to cope in RD, we may need to draw on experiences from other countries or past lives...
Altho not directly related to RD - they do , in fact relate to RD

As in
Here's how this problem has been handled elsewhere...... w/ or w/o success.....

If the rules are too stringent, It's hard to draw comparisons

Plus, sometimes a little diversion helps to avoid a fist fight
I have become a fan of the stringent focus on the DR and a thread staying on topic according to the title and the OPs intent. I dont mind at all if my own posts get deleted and respect the decisions of the moderators who I think do a great job and I believe voluntarily.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I have become a fan ........a thread staying on topic according to the title and the OPs intent.
I think we all agree with that John. The point is that sometimes you wish to discuss other topics not directly related to the DR. You just can’t fill pages about mangú, Brugal, bachata and prices of 20 years old trucks.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I think we all agree with that John. The point is that sometimes you wish to discuss other topics not directly related to the DR. You just can’t fill pages about mangú, Brugal, bachata and prices of 20 years old trucks.
Ok I admit you have a point. It can get a bit limited. More travel news maybe on the different areas of the DR then we can all help to attract visitors.

Reactions: Fulano2

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Unfortunately, the applications of the rules can vary day to day, mod to mod, mood to mood

Can't apply consistency to a situation like this.... too subjective

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Unfortunately, the applications of the rules can vary day to day, mod to mod, mood to mood

Can't apply consistency to a situation like this.... too subjective

DR1 has broad rules. They’re in a sticky.

However, each mod handles their forum/forums as they see fit. What one mod might let slide by, another will delete in theirs. C’est la vie!

Reactions: MikeFisher

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
DR1 has broad rules. They’re in a sticky.

However, each mod handles their forum/forums as they see fit. What one mod might let slide by, another will delete in theirs. C’est la vie!
I like the most strict moderators. I think if someone finds the site by conincidence by search or hears about it and looks it up they should be able to immediately see its about the DR. Just my opinion.