Car battery experts, please help!!!!!!!!!

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Oxidation

I Have had the same problem and agree with laurapasinifan

The battery is Off gassing and the older the battery the more the Off gassing.
And thus the faster the Corrosion on the terminals .

Buy a can of Spray on Terminal Protector and Spray it once a week or so to prevent the Corrosion. You will still, even with that , from time to time have to use a Brush terminal Cleaner to Scrape down the Terminals.

If you are in Sosua , Bring the vehicle to us at Battery Klinic and we will take a Look and Shoot ya a Free Spray !

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok, I will do what BOB, randy CC and other smart men have advised me to do: will change the cables and buy a new good brand battery if all restoring attempts fail. Thanks for everything.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
mountianfrog, what is your problem? Maybe you should take some laxatives. It may help your attitude over-all. If you don't like this thread, I suggest you find life some where else. You don't have to be miserable everyday.
AZB (have a happy new year)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Batteries yes - Crime no.

mountianfrog, what is your problem?

Thank you for your concern.
I don't have any problems for the time being.

My starter battery for the generator, however, is weakening (after nine years and 3 months !).
Of course, I'll give a full account of its inevitable demise in the living section of this forum.

m'frog

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
can you just get a new battery!!!!?????? they are not expensive in the DR, are they??? I just had a battery put in my car, I was terrified of those jumper cables, but now I know how to use them.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Like I said, buying a new battery is the easy way out. I would like to know if I can get more life out of the old one. It seems its not dead, it does start the car right away but sometimes it seems the current is not passing through. When it stops charging, then I will replace it. New battery = 100 dollars in DR.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
can you just get a new battery!!!!?????? they are not expensive in the DR, are they??? I just had a battery put in my car, I was terrified of those jumper cables, but now I know how to use them.

MAR what have you done......casnt you read instructions!!!!!!!!!

the first post said women back in the kitchen..

I am sorry but i am goona have to side with POOR AZB this time......

it has to be a dominci republic thing or the climate....because i have have batteries that last to within months of their expiration date,...irritates me to no end....like they designed it to die right after it is out of warranty.

I just bought a 7 year warranty battery for my truck( after the factory one died ( 5 years old) it has a FULL replacement warranty up to 4 years!!! then it is pro rated after that.....

it is a die hard from sears....

come on all you others down there...is that the caes... are your batteries dead after 2 years as well in your car?

only talking car...apples to apples.... right?

bob

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Like I said, buying a new battery is the easy way out. I would like to know if I can get more life out of the old one. It seems its not dead, it does start the car right away but sometimes it seems the current is not passing through. When it stops charging, then I will replace it. New battery = 100 dollars in DR.
AZB
Solve the issue through the elimination process ...
alternator charging = ok
battery turns starter = ok
battery cables need wiggling = not ok

There you go Sherlock, ready to roll ... :bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Most batteries in DR die after 2 yrs. If you take a great care of them example: clean the terminals, water it up, EDTA etc etc, you may get 3 yrs out of them the most.
This also holds true for tires in DR. New tires seem to go bald after 2 yrs in this country. Many just blow up or a bubble comes out from side wall after a good hit on a pothole.
It amazes me to see how quickly the tires get worn out in DR. I only buy used tires for my tercel because they always seem to blow up every few months from a good hit on a hole.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Solve the issue through the elimination process ...
alternator charging = ok
battery turns starter = ok
battery cables need wiggling = not ok

There you go Sherlock, ready to roll ... :bunny:

Thanks, but you are a day late on this one. We already knew that. The solution is not as simple as you it may seem.
AZB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
MAR what have you done......casnt you read instructions!!!!!!!!!
the first post said women back in the kitchen..

I am sorry but i am goona have to side with POOR AZB this time......

it has to be a dominci republic thing or the climate....because i have have batteries that last to within months of their expiration date,...irritates me to no end....like they designed it to die right after it is out of warranty.

I just bought a 7 year warranty battery for my truck( after the factory one died ( 5 years old) it has a FULL replacement warranty up to 4 years!!! then it is pro rated after that.....

it is a die hard from sears....

come on all you others down there...is that the caes... are your batteries dead after 2 years as well in your car?

only talking car...apples to apples.... right?

bob

nooo I'm Dominican so I'm stubborn (sp?). I had a free minute from mashing the mangu and frying the salami in the kitchen so here I am giving my humble opinion. So Bob my battery from Sears will last me for ever? I hope so, the mechanic said my old battery was suppose to be for a moped, wow. Now I need new tires.

I'm sure the climate has a lot to do with it, the humidity the rain, and the hot sun will melt anything.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... I hope so, the mechanic said my old battery was suppose to be for a moped, wow. Now I need new tires.

I'm sure the climate has a lot to do with it, the humidity the rain, and the hot sun will melt anything.
And you believe him? ... finish up with the cooking ;) If you don't have the right size battery, it won't fit in your car and it won't store enough power to turn the starter. He was doing what all mechanics do to women, bsing!!!... whisper, I owned a garage a long time ago, I know their tricks. The battery's life is also dependent on the position of the sun and moon ;)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
And you believe him? ... finish up with the cooking ;) If you don't have the right size battery, it won't fit in your car and it won't store enough power to turn the starter. He was doing what all mechanics do to women, bsing!!!... whisper, I owned a garage a long time ago, I know their tricks. The battery's life is also dependent on the position of the sun and moon ;)

whatever :rolleyes: my battery kept dying and I had to boot it twice, so whatever, I was not gonna put myself through the stress, I was there to get a new battery, so whatever he said it didn't matter anyway. I have an idea how mechanics work with women, so that's why i went to sears I least they back up their work, I could go back and complaint if something happens. Ok let me go back to the kitchen, you men are not willing to teach women about these things, BECAUSE????? you are all selfish, :eek: :mad:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Dammit, BOb was right, I have to change the fluids in my head beams. Where can I get that done? The mechanic told me that one of my transmission had fallen off the car and I am only driving on one transmission. No wonder the car was running slow. The cigarette lighter fell off, so the mechanic will buy me a new lighter for 150 pesos but he wants to charge another 500 pesos to install it. Yikexxxxx.
There goes my new year's money.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Dammit, BOb was right, I have to change the fluids in my head beams. Where can I get that done? The mechanic told me that one of my transmission had fallen off the car and I am only driving on one transmission. No wonder the car was running slow. The cigarette lighter fell off, so the mechanic will buy me a new lighter for 150 pesos but he wants to charge another 500 pesos to install it. Yikexxxxx.
AZB

You are kidding right? :confused:

I may not know much about the inside of a car but I can spot BS :laugh:

I used to get the mechanic to show me and explain everything little detail of what he was going to do but like Mar said I would also go to a place that guaranteed their work. Real sounds real

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
AZB
I make my living smuggling cheap Chinese knock-off headlight fluid into the DR, and sell it cheap.

How many gallons of it do you want?:glasses: