Car battery experts, please help!!!!!!!!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Tu quieres decir.....

update:
the car battery is working like new. It's been almost 4 months and my car battery works like new. I changed the terminals on the battery cables, cleaned the battery contacts and dissolved edta in water and poured it inside the 3 holes of the battery. This tune up job really did work and my battery is new again.
AZB
Are you trying to say that NOW, the battery is worth more than the car?.

Ok, I can see that, hehe.

(Btw: I'll call you later, pendejo!)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Your car is so old that it uses a 6 Volt battery AZB?

Those are the only ones I know of that only have 3 holes, most car batteries are 12 volt and have 6 holes, 1 per cell.

On a side note, yesterday I did half my Inverter batteries (4), just did the EDTA, did not drain and start from stratch. I will wait to see if I have to do the entire AZB treatment or not.

I will re-read this thread and get all the nasty details from AZB if I have to go that route. Have not tried yet, but AZB, just incase, where did you but the battery acid?

Don SantiagoDR

Alright, the 4 holes. I made a mistake.
The battery acid can be bought in any ferreterria. Comes in gallon and smaller bottles. Now the experiment I tried with the inverter batteries didn't work well so I had to chuck the batteries. You see my batteries were blown up, swelled up, so naturally there was some serious damage inside.
AZB

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Alright, the 4 holes. I made a mistake.
The battery acid can be bought in any ferreterria. Comes in gallon and smaller bottles. Now the experiment I tried with the inverter batteries didn't work well so I had to chuck the batteries. You see my batteries were blown up, swelled up, so naturally there was some serious damage inside.
AZB

You are getting closer AZB, two more posts and you will be up to 6 holes in the battery which should be the correct amount for a 12 volt car battery.

I know that is correct because MY WIFE told me so..... ;) lol

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You guys have absolutely no idea. My battery also has a mind of its own. Works and then doesn't as it feels like it. The only solution is half a lime rubbed on the contacts. Works every time, so I always carry a lime around in the car.

Sep 19, 2005
You guys have absolutely no idea. My battery also has a mind of its own. Works and then doesn't as it feels like it. The only solution is half a lime rubbed on the contacts. Works every time, so I always carry a lime around in the car.

If that solution works, then you have not tightened the "cleaned "terminals tight enough onto the "cleaned" posts......if they are cleaned well and clamped properly...it would take a long time for corrosion to work its way in between the surfaces....If they were both tapered and in good condition. they are tapered so if they are cleaned they still have a full length contact surface......

bob

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Now don't all of us girls want a 'full length contact service'

So, Matilda, the reason you carry a "Limey" around in your car,
.... is for those times when you need something to rub,
........ to get you going?

;) You want it all Matilda! ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You are getting closer AZB, two more posts and you will be up to 6 holes in the battery which should be the correct amount for a 12 volt car battery.

I know that is correct because MY WIFE told me so..... ;) lol

I meant to write 6 holes but somehow put 4. I mean with so many holes around, who even cares to count?
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
OK, an update to my old battery, rejuvenated by AZB's proven ghetto EDTA treatment method.
As you all know, my old car battery (about a year ago) was dying on me. I asked the board members for help and to my dissatisfaction most asked their wives for advice. Needless to say, I got worthless advice from women in kitchen: buy a new battery.
Out of shear desperation, I went ahead with my own formulated ghetto battery treatment method and now I am proud to announce, its been almost one year and my car battery is still going strong. I never had to add water or EDTA so far. The battery is performing like new even after one year of hard usage on daily basis.
Long live EDTA.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que mamao, wajajajajaja!

I asked the board members for help and to my dissatisfaction most asked their wives for advice. Needless to say, I got worthless advice from women in kitchen: buy a new battery.
Out of shear desperation, I went ahead with my own formulated ghetto battery treatment method

Long live EDTA.
AZB
Wahahahahahah!!......YOU owe me a cup of coffee and a keyboard....Wahahahaha!!.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My car battery is still in prefect condition after more than a year ago when i gave it a EDTA treatment. Mind you, the battery was practically dead. My office batteries are still going after 4 yrs and now I have just rejuvenated my home batteries to its original potentials (as if they were new again) with the help of EDTA.
Now can anyone please give me an address or a phone number of the store which sells this magic powder. I have my people in SD who can buy it for me.
Thanks in advance.
AZB

nevermind, I found the address:
Distribudora de Quimicos IMP
Prof. A Gomez 111
Villa Juana
809-472-2215

Last edited: