Car insurance in the DR

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You can get fiansa judicial is normally included in in the policy for 300,000 peso but you should buy 1 million 5 million 10 million etc to pay lawyers so you are not put jail. You can also get Casa de Conductor which pays for the towing.
Pm me for details on our policies
I've never heard of Casa de Conductor paying for towing. I thought that was a separate item you pay for when you renew.

I say that because I was involved in an incident once with another driver who had C de C but not towing and had to pay for his car to be transported.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Good Morning in STI it means that if you are in an accident and the vehicle is able to be drive you go to the Casa de Conducir and make your police report. If any one is injured or does not have a valid SR license you will probably have to spend the night in one of their private rooms just like a hotel a/c, cable, wifi etc and it used to come with breakfast.
Have you spent the night in one of these rooms? Have you spent the night in some other kind of facility for lack of the casa de conductor rider?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I have not but had a couple of friends one had casa the other did not. friend one spent the night at the casa the other one spent the night in jail. both had accidents with injuries, but not to my friends both dominicans

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I have not but had a couple of friends one had casa the other did not. friend one spent the night at the casa the other one spent the night in jail. both had accidents with injuries, but not to my friends both dominicans
Sounds conclusive to me.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was never told that Casa de Conductor includes towing. I believe that is incorrect.