car rental from STI

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
Hi all,i'm coming down the week before thanksgiving and could use a recommendation for a car rental from STI airport.:ermm:

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Costa Rent car, good cars, good services and nice deals. They are located right outside STI airport.

Sep 19, 2005
I always use Avis. Never had a problem.

Frank you NEVER have had an issue with Avis?

the car works perfect every time...all the accessories work???

I find that hard to believe.......

I rent from a company there at STI over and over, and as good as they are and helpful. The cars have issues many times...windshield wipers suck, lights dont work, radio doesnt work, ac doesnt work.....tires are bald....

are their cars new...or 5 years old???

bad bob

May 12, 2005
Never really had issues with them at all. A few times I have gotten a car that was a little dinged up in a few spots, but hey then I don't have worry about any ones I may cause. All of the cars have been current model year or 1 year old.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I liked Adventure RAC

I rented an X5 from them

of course the brake lights did not work and the guy had to fix it..wasted about 20 minutes on it

rental cars in DR usually have some sort of issue

overall a good experience with them and I will use them next time

pay cash and you will get a discount..

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
A BMW X5, jeesh. Don't they charge something like $200/day? I'll be riding the hertz econo car when you pass me on duarte, try not to run me off the road,hahahaha.

hahah too funny

I paid $390 picked up fri,returned Mon-- cash

I usualy rent from Alamo and have paid similar so I said why not

I thnk I will go with econo next time and use the extra cash for other things :)

btw, if you are in STI next time I am there, it would be an honor to share a drink or two with you. AZb will join us.

May 12, 2005
I used Adventure once, no complaints with them either. Hey Tallman, next time you use Costa, tell Kenia, Frank de New york says hello.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
hahah too funny

btw, if you are in STI next time I am there, it would be an honor to share a drink or two with you. AZb will join us.

I am in the DR now, so when you are here, send me a pm. AZB (a/k/a El Jefe de Santiago) will most likely be there too.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
we always rent from national, mostly because my dad's union gets a pretty nice discount from them. but we've never had a problem, the cars have always been good. once we broke a windshield and the insurance covered it. but it was our fault, not a rentalagency defect.

we rented from hertz in pop once and it was a horrid experience... and i swear they were smoking some sweet grass in the office when we dropped the car off. of course once i suggested it, i was the bad guy for knowing what it smelled like. go figure.