Cardiac Ultrasound

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I need one done. Waitlisted here in Canada. Could take two or three months. Anyone have this done in private hospital on North coast? How much time required and what is the cost? Can get to the DR on the 13th and say for a week.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I need one done. Waitlisted here in Canada. Could take two or three months. Anyone have this done in private hospital on North coast? How much time required and what is the cost? Can get to the DR on the 13th and say for a week.
Why a wait list ? Isn't that something that could be serious?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I thought it was the example for the world to duplicate? Dying is not a health plan.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...are you referring to a echocardiogram?... are you trying to find out how much plaque build up you have on the main heart arteries?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Should not be a problem to get done here. For just an ultrasound (same test they use frequently for a checking a fetus?) you can see Dr Santana at Bournigal in Purto Plata. Same day service, but it might take all day. Get there at 9 AM.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
ECO,
My friend had the full workover... annual physical with heart exam... SDQ
He said the doc was excellent.

Want me to hunt him down ??

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
You can call Centro Medico Bournigal in Puerto Plata and ask to speak to the International office. 1. They will speak English. 2. They can arrange for you to see the appropriate doctor to get a test scheduled. There are several cardiologists there who can see you but they could arrange the best one. Good luck. Shouldn't cost more than 1000 pesos for an office visit and maybe a max of 5000 pesos for a sophisticated test (without insurance). You could go to HOMS in Santiago but I actually like Bournigal better.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Much as I like Canada the health plan is not so great. It's a cheap easy quick test done routinely. No excuse for waitlist. You have some good advice already

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
when I showed up a year ago in Canada....

Confirmed melanoma candidate, PET/CT scan combo in hand, Tissue samples with biopsy readings from RD (STI) and Henry Ford Cancer Clinic....

It took a MONTH to see a doctor..... hopeless.
The Ford Clinic responds within the week for scans, appointments, whatever...
Valet parking, concierge service.... VIP a;ll the way

Cattle Call in Canada......... C'est la vie.... as they say in PQ

Feb 7, 2007
Cedimat or Plaza de la Salud in SD. Top notch and you can make your appointment by calling in.

Cedimat has also a special top-notch cardiovascular unit.
http://www.cedimat.com/cardiovascular/
Tel. 809 565 9989 & 829 565 9989, x2 for appointments.

Plaza de la Salud, Unit of cardiology
http://hgps.org.do/servicios/cardiologia/
Tel: (809) 565-7477, x2 for appointments

Both are in the same location (right next to each other) in one huge medical park.

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cedimat.... that's the place...

ECO.... Cedimat.... My friend will give us a name...
He said it was better than Toronto at 1/3 the price

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Should not be a problem to get done here. For just an ultrasound (same test they use frequently for a checking a fetus?) you can see Dr Santana at Bournigal in Purto Plata. Same day service, but it might take all day. Get there at 9 AM.
Thanks Windy. I'll make an appointment as soon as I arrive on the 13th.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Cedimat.... that's the place...

ECO.... Cedimat.... My friend will give us a name...
He said it was better than Toronto at 1/3 the price
Thanks Bill. I'm going to go with Windy's suggestion and use the Bournigal clinic in Puerto Plata. It's just a few minutes drive from where I'll be staying. 

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
...are you referring to a echocardiogram?... are you trying to find out how much plaque build up you have on the main heart arteries?
Had ECG done while in emergency room last week. The cardiologist wants an ultrasound done on my heart to determine its overall condition. My heart has a problem staying in sinus rhythm. On pills for hypertension and heartbeat regulation for now until the full assessment is done. 

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have my CT scans done at CMC but send the discs back to NoAmerica for reading.

The RD equipment is good but the readings... not so good sometimes.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks Bill. I'm going to go with Windy's suggestion and use the Bournigal clinic in Puerto Plata. It's just a few minutes drive from where I'll be staying. 

While those places suggested in Santo Domingo are certainly very good, I understand your decision not to spend the time going back and forth to Santo Domingo from Puerto Plata.

Please post back how it goes and what doctor you use. Good luck in regulating your problems.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
While those places suggested in Santo Domingo are certainly very good, I understand your decision not to spend the time going back and forth to Santo Domingo from Puerto Plata.

Please post back how it goes and what doctor you use. Good luck in regulating your problems.

Thanks Windy. My cardiologist doesn't seemed too concerned about my long wait here in Canada. I'm taking a different approach , a preemptive strike so to speak. After the cadiac ultrasound, I'm scheduled for a stress test. After that, a reassessment of my drug regimen. I don't like taking drugs. If he can wean me off most of them, I'll be much happier. 

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

I had an ecocardiogram done at Bournigal, also. Paid for with insurance, but it won't cost much without. Cardiologist was Dr. Taverez. Very thorough and professional.