Caribe Tours announces start of operations, Conatra units may or not get back to work

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019

The large interurban transporter, Caribe Tours announced the start of its bus operations following new health guidelines. The bus companies says that facial masks and physical distancing is mandatory on the bus service. Passenger temperature screening is being carried out and buses are disinfected after each arrival. Only one passenger per row of seats is allowed. The company has placed disinfecting rugs in boarding areas and disinfectant gel is available for use by the passengers.

Meanwhile, Antonio Marte of the Conatra transport group says he is leaving up to the individual operators the decision of whether they are going to go back to work or not. He argued that the new guidelines impede the units to turn a profit.

Read more in Spanish:Hoy

3 June 2020
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Jul 10, 2004
With social distancing requirements in place, will even the large buses make a profit?

rubio_higuey

Feb 7, 2007
Higuey APTPRA says they will not operate for now, meanwhile Bavaro's SITRABAPU and EXPRESO BAVARO say they will start operating.

NanSanPedro

Apr 12, 2019
I've yet to see the guaguas here in BC go to SD. The normal fare is 70 DOP. However, a taxi would be 1500 - 2000 DOP. So if the guaguas double the price, it's fine with me.

Reactions: Caonabo

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I'm told the cost of a public taxi from PP to Sosua is now 100 pesos.
They have doubled the fee but that is only temporary due to the 3 person limit imposed,they say that they will go back to the old fee schedule once the limits are over.