Caribe tours full schedule

MisterDom

Dec 11, 2022
USA
Years ago I came across a pdf of the full caribe tours schedule with routes and times. Does such a schedule still exist? I know I can check the times from the website but it's a big pain to work out what routes are available

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
If you're travelling from Sosua, don't trust the website for departure times. They leave earlier because of the broken bridge in Cangrejo. I've never had a problem leaving from Santo Domingo. Not sure about other departure locations being inaccurate.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If you're travelling from Sosua, don't trust the website for departure times. They leave earlier because of the broken bridge in Cangrejo. I've never had a problem leaving from Santo Domingo. Not sure about other departure locations being inaccurate.
If leaving Sosua I recommend OP buy a ticket by 5:00pm as the last bus fills up quickly.

MisterDom

Dec 11, 2022
USA
Thanks all. The biggest challenge I was having was figuring out which locations I could leave from to get to a specific city since the website requires a starting point (which 98% of the time is exactly what you need). We ended up working out a plan that worked for us

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
The schedule in Sosua is handwritten on a paper on the wall.
It was every hour for the slow bus and every half hour for the fast one until 5:00pm.

I went for my residency last month on Metro and had a better experience. Sosua-SD return. The driver was much more cautious and they didn’t make all kinds of stops- which Caribe will do. I’ve been on the “fast” bus and they’ll do drop offs all through Pedro Brand, Imbert, Montellano, you name it. The slow Caribe stops in Puerto Plata, Santiago, and La Vega. Plus all along the way. Once the fast Caribe bus was 4.5 hours but can often be over 5.
The Metro schedule is less frequent but although I’ve gone with Caribe dozens of times, it will be Metro for me from now on. No stops, except one in Santiago and one in Puerto Plata.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
When I first arrived in the D.R., it was in the Bavaro area.
At that time it was Metro, Metro, Metro and nothing but Metro.
So much so that, over time, the locals would refer to any large passenger bus as a "Metro".
lol.
Branding 101.
The service they provided was entirely geared toward the business of ferrying tourists from here, there and everywhere.
Eventually they began, in spite of objections from, and difficulties with the local guagua and taxi sindicatos, to offer service to Santo Domingo.
I'm a Metro gal all the way.
True blue.
Call me branded.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is no Metro now in Bavaro. To the Capital there is Bavaro Express leaving from the Parada in Fruisa.......

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The schedule in Sosua is handwritten on a paper on the wall.
It was every hour for the slow bus and every half hour for the fast one until 5:00pm.

I went for my residency last month on Metro and had a better experience. Sosua-SD return. The driver was much more cautious and they didn’t make all kinds of stops- which Caribe will do. I’ve been on the “fast” bus and they’ll do drop offs all through Pedro Brand, Imbert, Montellano, you name it. The slow Caribe stops in Puerto Plata, Santiago, and La Vega. Plus all along the way. Once the fast Caribe bus was 4.5 hours but can often be over 5.
The Metro schedule is less frequent but although I’ve gone with Caribe dozens of times, it will be Metro for me from now on. No stops, except one in Santiago and one in Puerto Plata.
I've never taken them but am open. Do you have their website?

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Also, Nan will know this, but I should add that most places not served or underserved by Caribe or Metro will have their own connecting guagua systems.

If you have been through Parque Enriquillo you will have seen their garages. San Pedro is Astrapu. La Romana has Asomiro. They usually won’t have a website but sometimes Facebook or Instagram and most run frequent routes.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
There is no Metro now in Bavaro. To the Capital there is Bavaro Express leaving from the Parada in Fruisa.......
Okay.
Memory lapse.
The all powerful SITRABAPU won that one in the end.
The fight was pretty nasty though.