Caribe Tours - Las Americas to Samana (Samaná) - Please post CURRENT Schedule information 2024

Aug 31, 2011
Hello everyone. I've been on the forum for many years now. The information for bus schedules in the forum dates back more than 10 years, and the Caribe Tours website has not populated its schedule for at least a month. That's a recurring problem.

This is the official website just in case it's working the day you need information. https://caribetours.com.do/horarios-de-salida/

If someone knows the hourly schedule from LAS AMERICAS (Santo Domingo area) Samana highway... please reply and repost it here. That would include routes to Sanchez, Las Terrenas, and Samaná. At this moment, I need to know about the schedules after 3 pm to Samaná.

The bus company next to Caribe Tour has its schedule too. It would be great to post that here also if someone has that.

Also if you have asked the driver to drop you off on the way, any suggestions for future travelers for doing so would be appreciated!!

My experience: Inform the drivers if you have a specific location on the highway you need to be dropped off. If it's a popular drop-off location, the drivers will move your luggage inside the bus so you can quickly get off at your stop and not need the driver's assistance. Usually, they move it when at the Caribe stop in Sanchez.

Thanks for any help for me and the hundreds of others that will need this now or in the future.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I'm with you on that. I have tried different browsers and used Instagram, all to no avail. They don't even have whatsapp, just regular SMS text. I have emailed them, texted them, and messaged them and have yet to get a response.

The thing is they used to be good. I guess they let go the IT guy and whatever happens to the electronic stuff online just happens. Apparently answering an email is really difficult for them.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Maybe this only applies to the Sosua - SD route, but a friend of mine used to take Caribe Tour to SD and get dropped off a Villa Altagracia. It didn't go into VA, just stopped on the autopista. They no longer do that - scheduled stops only.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hello everyone. I've been on the forum for many years now. The information for bus schedules in the forum dates back more than 10 years, and the Caribe Tours website has not populated its schedule for at least a month. That's a recurring problem.

This is the official website just in case it's working the day you need information. https://caribetours.com.do/horarios-de-salida/

If someone knows the hourly schedule from LAS AMERICAS (Santo Domingo area) Samana highway... please reply and repost it here. That would include routes to Sanchez, Las Terrenas, and Samaná. At this moment, I need to know about the schedules after 3 pm to Samaná.

The bus company next to Caribe Tour has its schedule too. It would be great to post that here also if someone has that.

Also if you have asked the driver to drop you off on the way, any suggestions for future travelers for doing so would be appreciated!!

My experience: Inform the drivers if you have a specific location on the highway you need to be dropped off. If it's a popular drop-off location, the drivers will move your luggage inside the bus so you can quickly get off at your stop and not need the driver's assistance. Usually, they move it when at the Caribe stop in Sanchez.

Thanks for any help for me and the hundreds of others that will need this now or in the future.
From the main Depot there is a bus to Samana every 4 hours.

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
I'm with you on that. I have tried different browsers and used Instagram, all to no avail. They don't even have whatsapp, just regular SMS text. I have emailed them, texted them, and messaged them and have yet to get a response.

The thing is they used to be good. I guess they let go the IT guy and whatever happens to the electronic stuff online just happens. Apparently answering an email is really difficult for them.
It's the whole sector in general. Just taking The Big 3 in the North-South corridor in DR:

- Metro downgraded their service and buses times between Cibao and SDQ.
- Espinal (who made Espinal Platinum as a separate premium service and it was the jewel of the crown for Espinal) also downgraded and it's expensier of the 3.
- Caribe Tours cutted most of their routes and fired loads of bus drivers earlier this year. In 2022/23 they used to post all their schedules and stops, and they had an amazing website to check times. But seems they abandon that, or they also fired their social media/IT people and removed all content from the past.

Talked with a Caribe Tours driver months ago while commuting STI-POP and he confessed me that he was just tired and doing everything to be terminated at the company: drivers are being asked to take more routes for less pay per day.

The only thing that 3 have good in common is their parcel service. They all work just in time!

Aug 31, 2011
Thank you. My original question and search is referring to the Caribe Tours Depot, close to the Las Americas highway to Samaná.

But both schedule information in this post would be helpful.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Thank you. My original question and search is referring to the Caribe Tours Depot, close to the Las Americas highway to Samaná.

But both schedule information in this post would be helpful.
I totally missed that, sorry. I left yesterday at 930. They have their schedule posted on the window. I thought about taking a picture but didn’t. Going from my shitty memory, they have one bus per hour from 730 to 1030 each morning. They also have afternoon busses but I don’t remember the times. I went from Las Americas to Sousa an arrived around 2pm.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I totally missed that, sorry. I left yesterday at 930. They have their schedule posted on the window. I thought about taking a picture but didn’t. Going from my shitty memory, they have one bus per hour from 730 to 1030 each morning. They also have afternoon busses but I don’t remember the times. I went from Las Americas to Sousa an arrived around 2pm.
Nan, do Carribe tour "Las Americas" now go all the way to Sousa without changing Bus? Maybe on your return you can take a picture of the Schedule.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Nan, do Carribe tour "Las Americas" now go all the way to Sousa without changing Bus? Maybe on your return you can take a picture of the Schedule.
No, you change busses in La Vega and then bypass Santiago. Normally, going directly from Sousa to the capital, Las Americas is not an option. However, I’m stopping in Santiago for a couple of days. I will see if I can go to Las Americas from Santiago. Not sure about that, but if I do I’ll get a picture.

Reactions: XTraveller

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
No, you change busses in La Vega and then bypass Santiago. Normally, going directly from Sousa to the capital, Las Americas is not an option. However, I’m stopping in Santiago for a couple of days. I will see if I can go to Las Americas from Santiago. Not sure about that, but if I do I’ll get a picture.
Thank you