Carribean Series Interest

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
anyone interested in this series ? it appears the DR will win as usual. Tejeda seems to have found his stroke.:cry:

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Hi, Kyle, I am very interested in the series, but its hard to find on channels not espn deportes, also last watched a game Sunday night, DR beat Mexico and moved to 3 - 0 but saw standings on Monday on bottom line on espn and said DR was 3 - 1, which is right or did I miss a game? God bless
Biggs

May 12, 2005
DR lost in extra innings to PR last night. Games are on ESPN Deportes. I would think that all of DR's games could be seen on CDN.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Serie del Caribe is not what it used to be. It used to be a tournament among the champion teams of four countries, in whose leagues played their brightest stars. Now it's just a very low quality series that resembles the poor quality of the leagues around the caribbean lately. Good players don't play anymore. Only the have-been and the wanna-be play. And on top of it all, the champion teams are not really the one to represent their leagues. DR's team has only one player from the original Leones del Escogido (or so I heard), Venezuela has only 5 or 6, and so on. The rest are players picked up from what was left of the losing teams. So sad. I haven't followed the caribbean series for at least 10 years. I'm more into the WBC, but it also seems doomed to follow the same path, as MLB teams try to get their players not to play.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Yes, I agree that the Serie del Caribe especially seems to have lost a lot of the star quality, I think that if MLB ever really does get fully behind The WBC that the stars and basball in the United States would benefit largly from it. With all the never ending steroid problems that baseball keeps having and the lag in ratings and falling behind almost every sport in popularity, they should really focus their efforts on the WBC and making it great. But I guess 3rd and falling is just fine for Baseball execs. Looking foward to some stars and The Dominican Republic team this year in WBC and by the way what is Pujols going to do? I saw they were not going to allow him to play, then he was appealing and trying to get approval, is he in or out and has the roster been set yet? Thanks for all your info guys, Take care, God bless
Biggs:)

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
So this serie is so crazy, Title game is Dominican Republic and Mexico. Haven't the DR beat Mexico twice all ready, and if they loose they will still be 2 and 1 against them but they(Mexico) will be champs? Well, hope they don't loose. Good luck guys!!!
Biggs

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, I agree that the Serie del Caribe especially seems to have lost a lot of the star quality, I think that if MLB ever really does get fully behind The WBC that the stars and basball in the United States would benefit largly from it. With all the never ending steroid problems that baseball keeps having and the lag in ratings and falling behind almost every sport in popularity, they should really focus their efforts on the WBC and making it great. But I guess 3rd and falling is just fine for Baseball execs. Looking foward to some stars and The Dominican Republic team this year in WBC and by the way what is Pujols going to do? I saw they were not going to allow him to play, then he was appealing and trying to get approval, is he in or out and has the roster been set yet? Thanks for all your info guys, Take care, God bless
Biggs:)

World Baseball Classic: Dominican Republic: Team - Dominican Republic