*** Cars, Jeeps, New & Used Pricing ***

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
I decided to buy used since this will be my wife's first car after learning to drive. I hope I can find a used car that is not an accident, lemon, salvage or odo rollback. That is going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Sounds like a wise decision. Good luck to you as the owner of the car, and above all to your wife as the (unexperienced) driver in the crazy dominican traffic jungle. Keep us posted ;-)

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I finally had free time today so I decided to run around look at more cars today. I've looked at 4 so far but I decided to check on the history of three cars just to see what I have looked. I have purchased 5 reports so I have two more to go. I am looking for at jeepeta that is under 700k and not older then 2007.

#1 One car I've looked at had oil leaking from engine and Airbag light was on so I will not even run car fax on this.

#2 No reported accident, one northeastern owner(snow & salt :( ), properly maintained. Miles had been rolled back 50K miles from it's original 120k miles. After 100k miles it looks like it had break problems. Resurfaced break calipers, several pad changes and tire rotations before it was sold to the dealer.

#3 No reported accident, one FL owner, only few report of maintenance :( . It had least miles reported at 85k miles but still rolled back 20k miles. Other then break light switch replacement year before it was sold, nothing special to report.

#4 Before it was sold it had accident involving rear impact. It hit a motor vehicle. Rear area primarily damaged no airbag deployed. one FL owner, properly maintained until the 55k miles, could not verify the mile reading supervisor went to lunch :( but carfax report as 93k miles. Other then accident before it was sold no problems reported.

This list will continue.

I just want other people's opinions.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Miles had been rolled back 50K miles from it's original 120k miles.

Dumb question of the day (from a gringa looking to buy a used car in the DR): Should I assume most cars have had their miles "rolled back"?? Anyone want to throw out a minimum cost for a dependable 4 dr vehicle with NO bells+whistles? ? Thanks for the many all-but-certain snarky answers and, hopefully, some helpful ones!

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
btw... I just searched this thread and see that I asked basically same question one year ago!! We ended up not buying then, but need to do so now, so I'm back to gathering tips...thanks again!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I finally had free time today so I decided to run around look at more cars today. I've looked at 4 so far but I decided to check on the history of three cars just to see what I have looked. I have purchased 5 reports so I have two more to go. I am looking for at jeepeta that is under 700k and not older then 2007.

This list will continue.

I just want other people's opinions.

You should have no problems ... I see 2010 , NEW ford Escapes for ~$700,000.... on SuperCarros - Rep?blica Dominicana - compra de carros, venta de vehiculos.
Go there and plug in your criteria.

Or call my man, 809-416-7660, Victor and put him on the hunt. Use my name.

I justprchased a 2009 Suzuki XL7 from him. Full records from SDMotors and original warranty until Febrero, w/ 9400miles
$780,000....this is anexcellent car - no catalytic convertor, an export model.

The cars you see from the US were mostly bought at auction and have a 'history' in many cases - floods and the like.

Get one from here -- US made (not Japanese) for Export

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
Hi guys!

I just arrived to DR and will be moving to Terrenas in about a week. Now, I want to buy a small Jeep. I will use the car to explore the country, in Terrenas and to visit my gf's family in Santo Domingo. I have a low budget, around 200.000$ RD. After some research, I decided I want to go for a Suzuki Jimmy or a Daihatsu Terios. Which one you guys think is better when it comes to maintenance/parts/usability? What should I watch for when buying? I will let the actual buying done by my gf brother in law, so my gringo looks won't be an issue :). Well, any tips are welcome, and thanks in advance.

srp

Nov 13, 2012
We just got to the DR and need transportation..car, maybe a bike. Any one leaving the DR and need to sell?
Sousa area
Thanks

srp

Nov 13, 2012
Hi. You might want to add a little information. IMO; you should consider: 1. I'm in the Sousa area but wiling to trave to look if required.
2. Car, truck, SUV, 4WD or anything.
3. MUST HAVE CLEAN TITLE and current permits.
4. Gas.
5. open on year range.
6. Price range $6000 ?
7. Subject to mechanic inspection and if used from U.S. CARFAX.
8. Lawyer verification of papers and transaction.
Thanks Sereno for the input, well put

fivefingers

Jul 8, 2011
Ideas I am working on for when we visit for an extended period of time.

1. Renting a camper van? Do these even exist there? Something similar, where we can put a mattress in the back?

2. Buying and selling when we leave, like one does in Oz. Buy a cheap car for a couple of months and re-sell when leaving? Options?

3. Beacuse, frankly renting an SUV for 50 bucks a day makes for a very expensive holiday....what about long-term car rental...like for a couple months.
Would this be a private arrangement, or so the agencies do this and offer special prices.

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
I see you are a newby
if i placed this post i dont feel the need to say willing to travel. This is your opinion. Most people looking to buy know they will need to travel. They did say a 'car...or maybe a bike' i think thats reasonably specific, dont you agree??
So by the OP not writing they want clean title and current permits...you believe that they may be open to buying a vehicle that didnt have them, or that those selling the car will think 'oh i will try to sell my car without clean title etc simple because the OP didnt state they wanted a clear title" Most buyers will make sure of same otherwise they deserve what they get !

Hi. You might want to add a little information. IMO; you should consider: 1. I'm in the Sousa area but wiling to trave to look if required.
2. Car, truck, SUV, 4WD or anything.
3. MUST HAVE CLEAN TITLE and current permits.
4. Gas.
5. open on year range.
6. Price range $6000 ?
7. Subject to mechanic inspection and if used from U.S. CARFAX.
8. Lawyer verification of papers and transaction.
Thanks Sereno for the input, well put

Siberian Bear

Jul 4, 2014
Sorry I do not speak English very well, ODO detail all description (((
looking for a scooter for My Son - teenager
I live in Sosua

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Vehiculos N de C had a brand new Qashquai +2 for sale $29,000US

looked good.... remember , the Qashquai is smaller than the Rogue

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"BEAR", are your familiar with the "Life Expectancy" of anyone riding a "Scooter" in the DR?????????
ESPECIALLY a TEENAGER!!!!!!!
Is he the son of your domincan partner???????
SHE should know better!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Siberian Bear

Jul 4, 2014
"BEAR", are your familiar with the "Life Expectancy" of anyone riding a "Scooter" in the DR?????????
ESPECIALLY a TEENAGER!!!!!!!
Is he the son of your domincan partner???????
SHE should know better!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

my child, Russian ... will learn to ride on a closed residence

it's better learning with me ... than to sit on a motorcycle with no experience ...
but someday it will happen anyway ...