Casa Linda at Encuentro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
I am hoping that this goes well. All their talk of inclusive is just marketing, so when did anyone care about marketing BS ? It looks like a cool project and there's are a ton of real estate rich people from up north looking for a place to spend their winters. At the right price, with these fully taken care of, it could work out great.

Now if someone could only do something with Costa Azul ..

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
So how far along the line is this project? I haven't been to Encuentro for a while, so I haven't seen if it is underway.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's hard to tell from the highway, but I can see some buildings are completed, but not finished inside. They are also doing a lot of new site prep at the west end where Coco Palms(Playa Encuentro) is.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am hoping that this goes well. All their talk of inclusive is just marketing, so when did anyone care about marketing BS ? It looks like a cool project and there's are a ton of real estate rich people from up north looking for a place to spend their winters. At the right price, with these fully taken care of, it could work out great.
It is inclusive if you pay the money. :ROFLMAO:
Now if someone could only do something with Costa Azul ..
A current problem in Costa Azul is the number of owners that won't pay a $5,000 RD monthly association fee to help improve the community.
I cannot use the words here that I use to describe them. Despite that a number of new owners who do contribute recently purchased new and existing homes.

The other problem is that the overall project including the golf course was abandoned for other more lucrative projects by the original developers who still own many of the undeveloped lots.

And the illegal "sale" of public wetlands that turned into what has become La Cienaga cannot be overlooked.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
I had no idea that the city limits of Sosua were moved. Where is that documented? I doubt very much that it was done at the request of either of those developments, but I would like to see proof the addresses were changed to ones in Sosua.
Please reread my post. It appears that although you quoted my post multiple times, your reading comprehension is slipping. Seahorse, Casa Linda, and Sosua Ocean Village all currently have Cabarete addresses. That was not the case when you moved to Costa Azul.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please reread my post. It appears that although you quoted my post multiple times, your reading comprehension is slipping. Seahorse, Casa Linda, and Sosua Ocean Village all currently have Cabarete addresses. That was not the case when you moved to Costa Azul.
My mistake. It was not you who was disagreeing on the boundaries. You agreed with me, it was cavok who suggested otherwise.

Was there a Sosua Ocean Village in 2002 when I purchased in CA? Not sure on that. I have no information that any projects requested a boundary change as others mentioned. Which town the Seahorse Ranch and Casa Linda were in didn't concern me back then in the least, I assure you.

An owner in Casa Linda thought the boundary was the small bridge along the main highway.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Something is going on there in Cabarete today, procurador General was supposed to visit the site where Casa Linda is going to develop the new project at playa Encuentro
I just watched a video on FB, saw high police and military presence... Waiting for part second of the video.

JJ

Reactions: Grampa

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Something is going on there in Cabarete today, procurador General was supposed to visit the site where Casa Linda is going to develop the new project at playa Encuentro
I just watched a video on FB, saw high police and military presence... Waiting for part second of the video.

JJ
They finally took back the 60 meter beach area for public use that a company had been paying off the former government to privatize.

Looks like the new surf school buildings also "took a hit"....

• Wow
Reactions: bachata and cavok

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Just got home from having a look at what is going on at Encuentro. Two pieces of heavy equipment are still working on tearing down all of the new structures at the western end of Encuentro. The old road is now free of obstructions, you can drive right in from the eastern end. The waters were full of surfers and the beach was jumping today! There is some construction in the far eastern area of the Encuentro neighborhood, but I don't think it is part of the newly announced Casa Linda project. They just need to sort out the surf schools, as this is the second time that they are being evicted in just a few years.

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This clearing of the 60 meter public space took the removal of a corrupt government group. One "clearing" led to another.
Finally Encuentro is being brought back to where it should be. I never expected it to happen, quit frankly.

I do not think the surf schools have any "rights" to be there. Nor do any restaurants or other businesses. That said, it is possible if the government grants them the special right to be there, but that is not easy to do.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
So the idea of all of this was to return the 60 mt. section of the beach completely back to its natural splendor? No man-made structures of any kind?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
where will all the dudes with pony tails smoke weed now, hopefully not on Cab beach

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
So the idea of all of this was to return the 60 mt. section of the beach completely back to its natural splendor? No man-made structures of any kind?
I don't know what the future plans are. I believe that the structures that are being torn down were built by the owners of the adjacent land. I am not sure who was collecting the rent from the surf shops. In another day or 2 the man made buildings will be all gone. Pau Hana surf school was operating from 2 tables with a couple of umbrellas, totally portable! Don't worry Big, all of the surfers were right there at Encuentro!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Businesses have no right build on that public land without government permission. The idea was to return the area back to the public. A company tried to monetize that land, and blocked a main entrance with the former governments blessing. I expect that has now been reopened.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I've never seen any surfers with pony tails(?). That's mostly for old farts with tattoos on their Harleys still dreaming of their "Easy Rider" days.
Yeah you're right, they now wear "man buns" and that silly "shaved on the side and pulled up on the top" look, that reeks I am unemployed and don't care.

• Haha

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yeah you're right, they now wear "man buns" and that silly "shaved on the side and pulled up on the top" look, that reeks I am unemployed and don't care.
I am in agreement on the "man bun".

Stopped to see what happened at Encuentro. There are three businesses/shacks left. They were near the edge of the parking area and further than the 60 meter mark. Everything else was removed.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
They probably don't like your hairstyle either. Personally, I prefer not to judge people by their hair.

• Love

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
Casa Linda's website is inconclusive on where they think they are since it says between Sosua and Cabarete, but I suspect they are still technically in Cabarete. And Sosua Ocean Village? It's in Cabarete. Just like Casa Linda, Sea Horse Ranch and Perla Marina and all points until you actually reach Sosua at El Batey.

All the above are in the city of Cabarete and the district of Sosua. That is my story and I am sticking to it unless you have proof otherwise.
Windeguy I think you mean the city (municipality) of Sosúa and the district (distrito municpal) of Cabarete.

Status
Not open for further replies.