Caserio Ham?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have no doubt. Nacional also has their Roast Beef. I'll be trying that one of these days.
I'm also a big fan of Knickerbocker Roast Beef. At one point in my past, I had a sandwich shop and that's what I used for my RB sandwiches.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I have no doubt. Nacional also has their Roast Beef. I'll be trying that one of these days.
I'm also a big fan of Knickerbocker Roast Beef. At one point in my past, I had a sandwich shop and that's what I used for my RB sandwiches.

A nightclub, and sandwich shop owner?
In what year did you open your first car wash, or set the first stone in your cabaña?

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
A nightclub, and sandwich shop owner?
In what year did you open your first car wash, or set the first stone in your cabaña?

Many moons ago. The sandwich shop (and a hot dog stand in the parking lot) were logical additions to the nightclub itself.

Reactions: Caonabo
Feb 7, 2007
Actually they are fresh, but not injected with preservatives as is operating procedure in other parts of the globe.
If you get the cold cuts sliced in front of you, yes they are fresh, but have a short shelf life upon arrival at home in the nivera.

So the sticky films that forms on Dominican cold cuts after few days is from the lack of preservatives ?

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Any locals know what's up with Induveca's Caserio Ham?

The little 1lb packs have disappeared from supermarket shelves and all that's available now is the pre-sliced stuff that gets gooey after you open it.
I saw them recently in Jumbo PP. And I bought one today in Playero. 1.87 lb

Reactions: JD Jones
Feb 7, 2007
Saw the small Cecario ham ball today in Jumbo Higüey

Attachments

• IMG_20201018_181641.jpg
    IMG_20201018_181641.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Interesting. Was there a lot of them or just a few? Usually they occupy a fair amount of space.

I guess there was a blip in their supply chain to JUMBO Luperon even though it's next door to their distribution center.

Or conversely, maybe JUMBO Luperon ran out first. and you guys further away haven't depleted the supply yet.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
So the sticky films that forms on Dominican cold cuts after few days is from the lack of preservatives ?

I believe so, although I do not claim to be a card carrying member of the Institute of Food Technologists.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I believe so, although I do not claim to be a card carrying member of the Institute of Food Technologists.

It's the same slimy stuff you get on hot dogs when you open a package and don't eat them right away.

Hmmm... Could hot dogs and Ham be related somehow? :ROFLMAO:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It's the same slimy stuff you get on hot dogs when you open a package and don't eat them right away.

Hmmm... Could hot dogs and Ham be related somehow? :ROFLMAO:

Yes, in that no preservatives are injected.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
So which is it? Tapa or Pata negra? Then of course what is it? Pork liver pate or something else?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
You got something against Ham, morcilla, mondongo, pata de baca, and chicken feet? :p
Except for ham, I understand the rest.

Mondongo... you chew, chew, chew and it never breaks down.

Morcilla is blood, nasty stuff.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Any locals know what's up with Induveca's Caserio Ham?

The little 1lb packs have disappeared from supermarket shelves and all that's available now is the pre-sliced stuff that gets gooey after you open it.
Most supermarkets have the 4 or 5 lb version. Have them cut a slab of 1 or 2 lbs ( preferably from an unopened ham ). And then shrink wrap it. Was actually a little cheaper per lb than the 1 lb pack.
[