Cash Advance on Credit Card

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Easier, safer and cheaper as well if done with reasonable amounts, not 10.000 Pesos of course.
Every time I see people getting ripped off when arriving in DR I think why this people need to travel with a lot of cash on them when you can wire a big amount Pryor your arrival or just Xoom couple hundred Dollars when needed to be delivered to your self in DR.

JJ

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Rule number one: NEVER do cash advance against your credit card.
Rule number two: Read above, over and over again.

Don't as me why. You know why.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Every time I see people getting ripped off when arriving in DR I think why this people need to travel with a lot of cash on them when you can wire a big amount Pryor your arrival or just Xoom couple hundred Dollars when needed to be delivered to your self in DR.

JJ
They might not know the existence of Xoom and the possibilities in the DR?

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Rule number one: NEVER do cash advance against your credit card.
Rule number two: Read above, over and over again.

Don't as me why. You know why.
I only use cash advance on my card, but never in a machine, only at the bank teller. Pre pay the card and their is no interest only cash advance fee.

Reactions: slowmo

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Does anyone know if I can get a cash advance on my credit card from BHD bank or Santa Cruz in Puerto Plata?
Popular Bank has 6.95% charge over the amount you take from your Credit Card, and the amount you can get will depends on wich credit card you have. Some Credit Cards let you take 100% of your credit, other just 25%. So you better call your bank and ask about that and yes you can use ii in any ATM you like.