Cash Advance on Credit Card

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
regarding credit card cash advances. I would recommend that you contact the bank or branch in question directly for precise information on the terms and conditions of their cash advance offer.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Reactions: Riva_31

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The other day I needed to withdraw a large amount of money from the Scotiabank ATM. Multiple withdrawals of the 10,000 rd max. There were a lot of people waiting to use the ATM as only one was working that day. The young security guard told me that I could only make 3 withdrawals. I politely told him it was my money and I would take whatever I needed. And the long lineup due to one machine not working WAS NOT MY PROBLEM. He wasn't happy with me as I was not following HIS ARBITRARY rule.

Imagine that coming from someone who's fellow countrymen mostly ignore ALL rules, common sense and courtesy.

All the cash machines I've ever used in this country have a sign saying you can only do three transactions then you have to let the next person go.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
All the cash machines I've ever used in this country have a sign saying you can only do three transactions then you have to let the next person go.
Never underestimate how many prestamistas there are out there. :cool:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have never seen that..... anywhere here or elsewhere
1680354161196.jpeg

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I have never seen that..... anywhere here or elsewhere

Definitely on all the Popular ones and the Scotiabank ones, at least all the ones I've ever used in the capital. I quite often get stuck in line behind a prestamista and refer them to the sign. There is a sticker on the machine and I think it also pops up as a message on the screen at some point.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Odd, I use a Popular machine in Cabrera sometimes
Doesn’t have that screen
Because it's probably not a problem where you live. The prestamistas are everywhere here and I have seen them empty an ATM.

It's not unusual for them to have 50 or more cards.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have never noticed that screen at any of the ATM's I've used here on the north coast(?). I never use Banco Popular or Scotia Bank though.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Because it's probably not a problem where you live. The prestamistas are everywhere here and I have seen them empty an ATM.

It's not unusual for them to have 50 or more cards.
Does anyone really think these guys care about that message on the screen?

• Haha
Reactions: thompstr

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Does anyone really think these guys care about that message on the screen?
You bet. I have personally seen them step aside at ATM's.

Hmm.. now that I think about it, it's always been to give me access, possibly due to me being recognized. It could be they did it for me but not for others.

But one would think that employees anxious to get their money on payday are not going to stand in line all afternoon behind prestamistas who are all well known. They would be the first to remind one of the three transaction rule.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
That's why the last word written there -- courtesy........... rings hollow

No courtesy shown

Step aside for 1 or 2 people and go back in
I would be more than happy to stand aside for 1 or 2 people. but 30 or 40 ? Sorry - I don't do this very often, but after standing in line for almost 1 hour my 5 or 6 withdrawals don't take more than another 3 or 4 minutes. If that. I'm not making 50 or 60 withdrawals as described above.

And I have NEVER seen the notice at Scotiabank that others have described. NEVER

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I would be more than happy to stand aside for 1 or 2 people. but 30 or 40 ? Sorry - I don't do this very often, but after standing in line for almost 1 hour my 5 or 6 withdrawals don't take more than another 3 or 4 minutes. If that. I'm not making 50 or 60 withdrawals as described above.

And I have NEVER seen the notice at Scotiabank that others have described. NEVER
I would just do it out of self-preservation. I saw this news article that a boy was killed by a group of other young adults just because he had looked at them funny. So because people in general are really on the edge, if someone asks me to step aside, I'd rather do that then possibly facing the consequences of being physically hurt. But hey that's just my 5 cents, you do you... 😉

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

Something else to consider: I can easily make 3-4 withdrawals in the time it takes most Dominicans to make one.